NCers: Celebration Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosnhojr

Reaction score
Has anyone found Celebration Ale in the Triangle yet? I hear it's been released. Also, while googling for it, I found a review of a Sierra Nevada "Torpedo Ale", which is supposed to be much like SNCA. Is there a local joint that has SN seasonal brews on tap? Has anyone tried it?

ps. I miss the old days when I'd drive out to Beltramo's in Menlo Park to pick up the first cases of SNCA to hit the peninsula. How long do we East Coasters have to wait?!

Haven't noticed anything, but the two places I would call if I were serious would be Whole Foods and Peace St. Market. In terms of taps, could be at one of the Draft Houses (tm) (such as Bass Lake) or the Flying Suck, I mean Saucer.

Baron von BeeGee said:
And nosnhojr practically lives in Durham (freaking Cary expansionists!)!

I'll put one of those "Stop Cary" signs in my yard if it'll make ya feel better :D

I was over on the other side of Cary earlier today, looking for SNCA. They said it was on tap at Flying Saucer as of Friday, and they expected to get it in within two weeks. I did snag a six-pack of Clipper City's Loose Cannon, along with one of their sampler 12-packs. The Loose Cannon is chilling in the fridge, and if it's anywhere nearly as tasty as it was at the beer fest, my first post tomorrow will probably begin with, "And then things went horribly wrong..." :drunk:

I was at Harris Teeter tonight, lots of SNPA & Porter, but no Celebration. Where did you find the Hop Juice?
Looks like I missed your birthday last week...Happy (belated) Birthday, Richard!

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
I was at Harris Teeter tonight, lots of SNPA & Porter, but no Celebration. Where did you find the Hop Juice?
I was out at Total Wine at Crossroads. They just started carrying Clipper City beers in the last few weeks. Man, I really need them to open a store out here. That 50 mile drive across Cary sucks...

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
Looks like I missed your birthday last week...Happy (belated) Birthday, Richard!
Hey, thanks! And I feel like I'm only 50! :ban:

Back