Are you going to watch the BCS Championship?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sea

Green Flash IPA on tap
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how many of you who aren't Oregon or Auburn fans will be watching the game? I know I'm biased, but it sure seems like one of the most intriguing match-ups in the history of the championship because of the unique styles and skill-sets these two teams bring to the table.

So who's gonna watch?

Oh yeah - I'm more excited for this "Championship" game than any since, well, maybe one of those Nebraska title games in the mid-1990s.

I'm honestly surprised that Auburn's only a 2-point favorite. This 6+week off-time is not going to be good for your Ducks, I'm afraid.

But, man, I'm looking forward to this one (almost as much as tonight's Kraft Hungrer.net/com bowl between Nevada and Boston College :fro:) :D

Heck yes I am! I'm hoping for big scores on both ends, with just the slightest edge to the Ducks.

I figure that'll keep the hardcore fans arguing long enough about the game that they'll forget to crow too loud to the rest of the country. ;)

It should be an interesting game for sure. High scoring and lots of action. Lots of time off usually lends itself to some trickeration on occasion as well!

Oh yeah - I'm more excited for this "Championship" game than any since, well, maybe one of those Nebraska title games in the mid-1990s.

I'm honestly surprised that Auburn's only a 2-point favorite. This 6+week off-time is not going to be good for your Ducks, I'm afraid.

But, man, I'm looking forward to this one (almost as much as tonight's Kraft Hungrer.net/com bowl between Nevada and Boston College :fro:) :D

I think you might be surprised how well Oregon's defense is going to play.

C'mon man! tonight might be THE game of the year!:D I just wish Nevada was playing a worthy opponent.

Just as important, Auburn's defense isn't all that great at showing up, either. They beat Alabama more by benefit of Ingram dropping two touchdowns than by Scam Newton's heroics.

I think you might be surprised how well Oregon's defense is going to play.

That's why I'm leery of this atrocious 74.5 over/under number!

To me the most intriguing part of this game is that both teams are built to weather the storm for the first three quarters and then overwhelm their opponent in the fourth quarter....

I'll watch it, but only for the commercials...ummm...wait a minute...isn't this the one with the commercials and old-timey classic rock halftime show? Steely Dan or somesuch?

Maybe I got that wrong. Must remember to ask the Gnomey of Invisibility... He Who Knows Alll. (Except maybe North American cultural minutia)

i'll watch it, but only for the commercials...ummm...wait a minute...isn't this the one with the commercials and old-timey classic rock halftime show? Steely dan or somesuch?

Maybe i got that wrong. Must remember to ask the gnomey of invisibility... He who knows alll. (except maybe north american cultural minutia)

zing!! Pow!!!

I'm pretty excited about it. My wife and I are Auburn grads. Auburn's defence has been less than spectacular this year, but I think the game may come down to who has the fewest turnovers and penalties. At any rate, it will be a better match-up than any of Ohio State's recent championship game thumpings.

Yep...I'm in....It's that time of year that I start really appreciating the few football games left....I wouldn't miss it!

Just drove home on a whim to hit up a BCS party! I brought the LaunchPad McQuack and its gonna be a blast! GO DUCKS!

Anyone else watching on ESPN3? Does it keep saying it will return shortly then not? Every 5 minutes or so I get that and then after a couple minutes I have to refresh to get it going again.

Anyone else watching on ESPN3? Does it keep saying it will return shortly then not? Every 5 minutes or so I get that and then after a couple minutes I have to refresh to get it going again.

You do know they invented this thing called a TV???? :D

That's drop on 4th and goal pretty much seals the under IMO (yes, I know it's still 1st half....but 7 there makes a big deal).

You do know they invented this thing called a TV???? :D

That's drop on 4th and goal pretty much seals the under IMO (yes, I know it's still 1st half....but 7 there makes a big deal).

My wife wanted to watch tv with me. Nothing says I can't appease her and watch the game on my laptop at the same time. :mug:

And I was thinking the same thing.

Well, 9 is better than 7.

If OU can get a score here before the end of the half, there's still a chance - but of course, as you know for me, it's all about Auburn -2...

And should we read anything to all this Saban-in-the-booth stuff? I mean, we knew Meyer was going to end up there....

And Miles is off to Michigan...

Only if he gets the offer.............

We all know a good program doesn't fire their coach without having the successor in place.

I thought it was Miles to Michigan when they went for Rich Rod...hell, I blogged about it :D

Done deal. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens tomorrow.

With the "new Big-10" coming up next year; I'd love to get out of the SEC if I were Les.

Les Miles would be good for Michigan..Well nothing could be worse for those wolverines....GO BUCKS...maybe the buckeyes will not receive another pair of golden pants for beating Michigan in the future so that other players for OSU will not get suspended....

Back