What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ForumRunner_20130131_015528.jpg

Yumm! Yumm! Scratch the list this and a Rye Hop Rod are moved to the top

How the Sam hell did you get one of those? I was lucky enough to try some but not take home because of the st Arnold craze and selling only in restaurants and bars... You suck :p

Honestly, I know a guy right up in your neck of Houston who's kind enough to send me some of the goodies you guys get from time to time. I'm expecting a huge haul of JK sours and some Southern Stars (among others) from him today.

Right now I am having a Size 7 IPA courtesy of my man, Nordy. It's even better the second time around. Thanks, man!

Easily my favorite local year round IPA that's bottled. So F'n good. Steel Toe's a tiny li'l place right up the road from Midwest Supply, only a few places here in town get their bottles and most of those are in St. Louis Park (where it's brewed). Their Size 11 DIPA should be out very soon!!

Honestly, I know a guy right up in your neck of Houston who's kind enough to send me some of the goodies you guys get from time to time. I'm expecting a huge haul of JK sours and some Southern Stars (among others) from him today.

If the Bishop's Barrel is anything like their Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout I've had on cask then you got a treat. Probably my favorite beer. Seriously though, does your friend work for a distributor? I thought those were only going to restaurants and bars because the didn't produce enough for wide distribution.

;)
If the Bishop's Barrel is anything like their Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout I've had on cask then you got a treat. Probably my favorite beer. Seriously though, does your friend work for a distributor? I thought those were only going to restaurants and bars because the didn't produce enough for wide distribution.

Which I think its BS. They produced about 900 cases of the brew (it was the best SA I ever had, not a big fan of them, middle of the road). Avery does the demon series and they produce that amount of all three and i see them everywhere around here. If they sold per bottle like a lot of companies do then a lot of people could get some but the Divine craze is insane now bishops barrel. I hunted last time it was released and probably wont do it again because its insane how fast that goes and nuts people are to get some. It wasnt magical and hell I find better beer just sitting on the self for anyone.

Someplaces that only sell beer/wine (one license) not liquor (another license) can sell to take home. Like Petrol and a few others that do growlers can do that. I wish I could of had one to keep but down town is too far of a drive to do often. Thats one bad thing about Houston. Its so spread out it takes an hr just to drive across it (depending on traffic). Supposely SA is planning to release 3 more bishops barrel and 2 divine this year. I might hunt but doubt it only if I wont take half a tank of gas to acquire. Gots bills to pay :drunk:

Dogfishhead/Birra De Borga's My Antonia, the continuously hopped double pilsner. It is clean, and fruity, has a creamy body, and is dangerously drinkable.

The other is Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine. This may be my favorite beer right now. It is hoppy, bitter, full bodied, has a nice amber color. It is definitely a sipper. I love so many of the new craft breweries, 3 floyds, anchorage, founders etc., but Sierra Nevada, even as it grows into quite a sizable operation, continues to put out some of the best products out there IMHO:p

It was a great BA stout! It'll be even better with a bit more time on it. And no, no distributor hook up, just a beer geek. I believe he only sourced a 6er. I have a Divine Reserve 12 too, how's that one? I only have one, so I'm not being to hasty to get to it.

Chemist, I was never a big fan of St. A's when I lived down there. I'd get the Elissa or Lawnmower occasionally if that was the only craft on tap. But I like the Endeavour a lot (they released that after I moved back north) and that BB was excellent, I've heard their other limiteds are too.

SA limited release are good. love the Pumpkinator and the Endeavour. Great beers. I always grab something new and rarely go back to a certain beer. So many too little time :drunk:. I still got 5 of the divine 12, might sit on them for a while. :D I'm not hating on SA just its frustrating to find some of these limited release beers where i am. Also seeing pictures buying cases of these and I cant get a few to try and maybe one to age. All the good beer bars and stores are inner loop and it takes me 30-45 minutes to get to them so i cant go everyday or even on the weekends.

Well,being broke till retiree payday tomorrow,my son bought me a 24oz ice beer & some cigs. Needed some rhumatiz for all the biter cold today on the ol' joints. feels good at 5.9%...

It was a great BA stout! It'll be even better with a bit more time on it. And no, no distributor hook up, just a beer geek. I believe he only sourced a 6er. I have a Divine Reserve 12 too, how's that one? I only have one, so I'm not being to hasty to get to it.

Chemist, I was never a big fan of St. A's when I lived down there. I'd get the Elissa or Lawnmower occasionally if that was the only craft on tap. But I like the Endeavour a lot (they released that after I moved back north) and that BB was excellent, I've heard their other limiteds are too.

I've got a sixer of the Div 12. It's a good beer for the style I suppose. I didn't knock my socks off like some of the other Divines. It's meant to age though so I'll be cracking one open periodically through the next 12 months.

Agree with both of you on the meh'ness of SA other than their limited releases. I drink the hell out of their Summer Pils when it's out though. I just really like that beer for some reason. I've got a few of the Pumpkinators and I really like them. I think you could put damn near anything in SA's imperial stout recipe and it will come out good.

Now this is a damn good IPA sent to me by Nordy. Hops are a little fruity, a little floral, even a little piney. For a west coast IPA it's kinda sweet up front but it still finishes nice and dry. Thanks, man.

I live about 15 minutes away from the brewery. I enjoy the Foto too.

Easily my favorite local year round IPA that's bottled. So F'n good. Steel Toe's a tiny li'l place right up the road from Midwest Supply, only a few places here in town get their bottles and most of those are in St. Louis Park (where it's brewed). Their Size 11 DIPA should be out very soon!!

Dissent is one of my favorites from Steel Toe.

I've got a sixer of the Div 12. It's a good beer for the style I suppose. I didn't knock my socks off like some of the other Divines. It's meant to age though so I'll be cracking one open periodically through the next 12 months.

Agree with both of you on the meh'ness of SA other than their limited releases. I drink the hell out of their Summer Pils when it's out though. I just really like that beer for some reason. I've got a few of the Pumpkinators and I really like them. I think you could put damn near anything in SA's imperial stout recipe and it will come out good.

I've been on a Pilsner binge lately. I wanted to have a light refreshing beer every now and again. Cant wait for Summer Pils, and Hans Pils from Real Ale. Pearl Snap from Austin Beerworks is excellent too.

I've been enjoying the brewer's cut from real ale. The dry hop porter is awesome and cant wait to try the imperial red once I drink down my stash.

I've been on a Pilsner binge lately. I wanted to have a light refreshing beer every now and again. Cant wait for Summer Pils, and Hans Pils from Real Ale. Pearl Snap from Austin Beerworks is excellent too.

I've been enjoying the brewer's cut from real ale. The dry hop porter is awesome and cant wait to try the imperial red once I drink down my stash.

The Imperial Red is like a IIPA. Pretty good!

leftcontact said:
Just brewed this Sunday night. How is it? Tasted pretty good on the way into primary....

Be prepared to save some, it was ok at 2 months, really good at 6 months.

nukebrewer said:
Thanks, but are you sure that's the pecan pie ale? The pecan pie ale is amber in color so unless the lighting is way off in that room I don't think that's mine. What letter was on the cap?

The lighting is off in that room, the cap was marked O.

image-2238529049.jpg

Plus I'm using my iPhone for the pics.

I've been loving Vienna malt, and drinking my latest brew: Vienna, caramunich, and just enough magnum hops to balance all the sweetness. I did a decoction to push the malt over the top. I love malty beers but don't like them overly sweet.

A local brewery, Devils Backbone, has an awesome Vienna lager it's the commercial that's fitting the bill right now.

I wasn't even going to taste this beer until mid-February... but it keeps getting better :)

My Leffe Clone: The Bastard Extract Version

image-3046240965.jpg

This is my second time having this and it's awesome. First time was over Christmas courtesy of WesleyS and this one is courtesy of Nordy. I was so excited when I pulled this out of the box. Wish it was local.

20130131_190600.jpg

xMalachi said:
They are going to tap a cask of Hopslam at 7. Never had cask beer before.

It's a lot like a beer that you've left out the night before, then come back to in the morning ;)

Sam Adams - Stoney Brook Red.
A good sour but definetly not a Rodenbach. Right now its one of only a couple of sours that are available in Mississippi. Maybe one day it will be legal to brew my own. Ha Ha

ForumRunner_20130131_190801.jpg

As Im typing, Im having a Brew that was made on my Wife's and My 1st Anniversary, which also happened to be the Mayan End of the World Date, not on purpose,
Anyway I threw some of everything at it, and I have to say its Freaking GREAT, like nothing I have ever tasted before, but really good, We named it First Anniversary/Mayan Apocalypse Wheat, boy did I get lucky, I have a Great Wife and a Great Beer and both happened on the same date, can't wait till next year, here's a pic of the brew.

IMG_1486.jpg

Back