Help with d-rest please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trosk

Reaction score
I'm brewing my first lager and was wondering if doing your rest too late has any negative effects on the beer. I raised the temperate to 68 two days ago but I think fermentation was already done should I just transfer now and drop the temp back down?

I think you are doing it right ....

I have had my Lager at 50 for the last 3 weeks (primary) I am going to let it D-rest @ 68 for 72 hours, then I take it to lagering temp quickly ( I do not do the slow-lowering temp method) after a day or two at near lagering temp I will rack to Secondary or keg to lager ...

Ok. Thank you for the help one more question if I can. dropping it to lagering temps right away like you do, will I still be able to bottle carb or can I only do that if I keg?

You will be able to bottle carb unless you lager for many many months. Yeast are very tiny and will do the job, it just might take 3 weeks in the bottle.

Trosk,

I have never bottled a lager from the start ...all my bottling comes from the keg, I am not sure if this is correct (hopefully one of the veterans will chime in ) I would bottle, let it carb up for the time needed (warm), and then Lager......

Good Luck and Cheers !!!

Back