Immersion Chiller with an electric setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crypt0

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone uses an immersion chiller in their boil kettle with an electric setup? I currently have one and was planning to use it in the interim until I have the cashflow to order a proper CFC/plate chiller.

My main concern is with possibly bending/breaking the elements/seal in the boil kettle.

I use one. It sits crooked but it still works okay. No concerns about the element, but if I had a weld-less fitting for it I would worry.

I made a hanger/basket out of 1/4" stainless round stock to suspend the chiller from the sides of the pot, just above the element. I do not like the idea of using the element to support the weight of the chiller.

I used one for a while. I was able to bend/pull the coils apart so there was a gap at the same elevation as the element. I had to hook the coil gap around the element to get it to fit, but it did not rest on the element during the boil.

Latest posts

Back