BeerMachine + AllGrain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walther

Reaction score
Hi,

My brother tried brewing with the BeerMachine (no luck what so ever). So when I bottled the other day I put ~4 Litre primed beer (7g/L) in the beer machine.

It can hold about 10 Litre I think so there is lots of headspace. After a little more than a week it is still flat as water (there is some CO2 in the bottles).

Is the only option to put in CO2 cartridges, or maybe more sugar or some yeast ?

What would you recommend ?

Thank you,
walther

I've never heard of a beer machine, but if you have too much headspace I can't see you having much luck carbonating your beer. I'll have to google this contraption to get a better idea of what it is you're using, but if CO2 cartridges are an option, then that may be your best bet.

EDIT: It sounds like you have the option to add CO2:

The Beer Machine has a pressure release valve to keep the naturally produced CO-2 inside The Beer Machine constant, a carbonation unit to add CO-2, and a dispensing system so no bottling is necessary.

I'd try that route first.

It's a MrBeer / Party Pig combo - you brew beer in it and force carb in the same vessel.
Too much headspace, or you got a leak. Either way you'll need to get a cartridge to find out.

-OCD

Hi,

Thank you for the replies, I'll tell him to fill it up with CO2 cartridges. (might take a few)

cheers,
walther

Back