Buffalo Wild Wings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knuckleheadbrewing

Reaction score
Any one else see this?

I wonder if BMC had anything to do with it?? I mean lets just make fun of a culture of people who spend way more on craft beer then the avg. BMC drinker....

What schmuck thought this was a good idea?

Well Buffalo Wild Wings, keep your mediocre wings, and crappy beer, and I'll keep my money and spend it with a business who respects good beer!

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA yea i did just see this on intuitions facebook page!! you beat me to the punch, i wanted to share it!! lol. Hilarious i think. Everyone knows there are bad brewers, they exsist :p

"This one should be ready in 2 mins" HAHAHA!! epic.

I don't know, those homebrew beers look like a glass I got at Wild Wings once. Pretty sure the local one has never cleaned their beer lines - at least the non-BMC ones as the last couple of times I had one of the few craft beers they offered the flavors were WAY off... and they were beers I am very familiar with.

I'll bet BMC did have something to do with that. However- let's be honest- it's funny and it's not like craft brew drinkers are knocking down the door of Buffalo Wild Wings.

it kinda annoys me...because, tons of people have no idea about homebrewing and craft beer, now I see that commercial and and it almost makes a mockery of what we are doing here! Granted I do know some crap brewers who should just ditch the Ale Pale or Mr beer kit, and leave it to people who are interested in it, and not just the cheap drunk.

But still, I am willing to pay twice the price of a BMC for a craft beer, yet you poke fun at my hobby (hopefully some day career)...BWW will not be getting any of my money any time....

Eh. It's just stereotyping. They had to go somewhere because, as everyone knows, it ain't right to say that:

Jews are tight with money
Blacks are criminals
Asians can't drive
Homosexual males are effeminate
Mexicans pick beans
Blondes are dumb
Blah, blah, blah.

I bet they had to really scrape the bottom of the bucket for some group to make fun of.

Also you can blame the brewers who keep putting weird things in their beer, like bacon.

I thought it was kind of funny. I'm not a fan of Bdubs to begin with so to me it was meh. That homebrew dude did look kind of like me though, minus the protective goggles and the apron... :)

Definitely agreed about being able to laugh at yourself. I thought it was funny, but because I know different. There are a lot of people out there that cringe at the thought of home brew, and something like that doesn't help. I mean, obviously they don't want people sitting at home and not buying beer at B dubs.

I can make the same jokes about their wings. Being from Buffalo, I can say their wings are crap.

If you think they market to people with taste buds, like home brewers, you are wrong. Bad beer selection and worse food. Place is designed for people like this:

7490d1170599866-super-bowl-tm-dabears.jpg

BWW's commercials SUCK ASS.

Their normal ones are just retarded. DURRRR ref throwing a game so ass hat can skip work. Almost clever.

Didn't need another reason not to go there, but thanks.

Do they have craft or at least SA there?

My assumption is

LL (light lager)
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
Guinness

If you think they market to people with taste buds, like home brewers, you are wrong. Bad beer selection and worse food. Place is designed for people like this:

Actually I disagree, they have a pretty huge craft beer selection at their locations in AZ. I'd say they usually have 20 taps, 7-8 of which are macro beers, and the other 12-13 are local and regional micro breweries.

Yes, the majority of their audience is the BMC crowd, but that isn't to say they don't have a craft beer crowd.

As for being able to laugh at yourself, as I said initially, I find it funny, that's not my issue. My issue is, there are many people out there that have no experience with home brewing. This commercial could potentially have an EXTREMELY big audience if they air it during football games. This is NOT the message we want sent out to the nation about homebrewing.

7490d1170599866-super-bowl-tm-dabears.jpg

This. But Zack Galifinakis is HILARIOUS, and the commercial made me laugh. Don't let them get to you.

Well if you think about it, people like us aren't really their target audience. And I'd imagine this ad showcases what their target audience already thinks of 'homebrewing.'

While it is a low blow, i'm not surprised given their brand image and bush league beer list.

Actually I disagree, they have a pretty huge craft beer selection at their locations in AZ. I'd say they usually have 20 taps, 7-8 of which are macro beers, and the other 12-13 are local and regional micro breweries.

Yes, the majority of their audience is the BMC crowd, but that isn't to say they don't have a craft beer crowd.

As for being able to laugh at yourself, as I said initially, I find it funny, that's not my issue. My issue is, there are many people out there that have no experience with home brewing. This commercial could potentially have an EXTREMELY big audience if they air it during football games. This is NOT the message we want sent out to the nation about homebrewing.

Why? We don't need everyone homebrewing. If even half of the people I knew tried homebrewing, it probably WOULD look like that setup in the commerical. Come to think of it... I love that they made this commercial. Keep the derps out of a hobby that requires attention to detail, sanitization, and a bit of intelligence!

Why? We don't need everyone homebrewing. If even half of the people I knew tried homebrewing, it probably WOULD look like that setup in the commerical. Come to think of it... I love that they made this commercial. Keep the derps out of a hobby that requires attention to detail, sanitization, and a bit of intelligence!

Homebrewing doesn't need a pretentious, elitist attitude. I'm pretty sure this is the EXACT opposite message Charlie Papazian was shooting for.

That I don't really care about. In fact, I bet some people do get the idea to try it from that ad.

They also have a commercial making fun of fantasy football, then quite an extensive ad campaign trying to get peeps to host their fantasy football drafts at their establishment.

You definitely can't take this stuff too seriously, but you do have to wonder how much some doofus at the ad firm was paid to come up with it!

Any one else see this?

What schmuck thought this was a good idea?

Well Buffalo Wild Wings, keep your mediocre wings, and crappy beer, and I'll keep my money and spend it with a business who respects good beer!

I agree. This sounds like marketing's train of thought: "Home brewers are a bunch of brainless morons who pump out crappy beer... Lets make a commercial that makes fun of them so people see how stupid it is to homebrew so maybe we can get a few more people into our restraunts."

This is where their idea fails: Home brewers are beer enthusiasts that employ multiple academic disciplines such as history, mathmatics, biology, chemistry, and yes, even art. So, rather than a bunch of bafoons, home brewers, IMHO, are more intelligent and more creative than the general population. Even the President is a home brewer. Seeing that BWW's sells beer, and good beer in many locations, why would they choose an attack ad against a group of people who would buy their beer and possibly eat their food?

Some people make crap homebrew, fact o life. I didn't get any dungeons and dragons geekiness from it and thought it was pretty funny.

I mean how many new brewers post about wanting to brew some rediculous beer that will probably taste terrible. "Agave wheat bacon ipa tastes bad 24 hours after pitching yeast, what do I do"

Rdwhahb, their food is crappy anyways, no different than any other chain of restaurants or bars.

scottland said:

Same here in Tennessee and Kentucky, pretty decent craft brew and regional brews.

I'm all for laughing at yourself, but I just don't see myself ever eating at BWW again... (and it was a long shot anyway, even before seeing that commercial!)

I've only been to a Bdubs twice in my life. Once because it was next door to a concert venue I was going to in Cleveland and they had happy hour going on so we loaded up on cheap beer before the show and the other time was after one opened in my home town to check it out and it was the last time I ever went. Food is crap, atmosphere is crap, etc, etc...

And yeah, I don't think Zac Galifianakis would be doing Bdub commercials... :D

He was on the cover of Rolling Stone a while back with some Ray Ban Wayfarer sunglasses of which I often wear as well and my seven year old daughter came and asked me why I was on the cover... :p:)

I ate at BWW once and never returned. If I liked the place, the commercial wouldn't prevent me from going there.

Personally, I'm all for laughing at one'self, but I think that there is something more sinister going on here. When you take a second to realize that they are trying to capitalize on the IGNORANCE of the population, even for something as trivial as homebrewing, you see what a disgrace they are.

Personally, I'm all for laughing at one'self, but I think that there is something more sinister going on here. When you take a second to realize that they are trying to capitalize on the IGNORANCE of the population, even for something as trivial as homebrewing, you see what a disgrace they are.

Well, at least at my local Bdubs, I'd say it's not too hard to capitalize on the ignorance in that place...

I've never eaten at BWWs, and never really planned on it. There's an infinite amount of locally owned, extremely good restaurants (including wing joints and craft beer taphouses with really excellent food) that I save my money up for. We don't allot ourselves a huge eating out budget, so when we go out, we want it to be to something really quality and we prefer to give our cash to locals busting their ass to keep our local economy strong.

And as far as promoting the right view of homebrewers to the public, I gave up a long time ago caring what people think about how I spend my time. There are uninformed people galore, and the number grows every day. Trying to convince/convert the uninformed is an exhausting endeavor to say the least, so you're better off just enjoying your hobbies and chatting with the people who are interested in really learning about it.

I thought it was funny.

I'm not a wings fan and have never been to Buffalo Wild Wings.

- Destin

And as far as promoting the right view of homebrewers to the public, I gave up a long time ago caring what people think about how I spend my time. There are uninformed people galore, and the number grows every day. Trying to convince/convert the uninformed is an exhausting endeavor to say the least, so you're better off just enjoying your hobbies and chatting with the people who are interested in really learning about it.

I agree. I'm fine with people being ignorant, and I'm even ok with spreading misinformation (it makes it easier to spot the morons worth avoiding). However, the moment you spread misinformation with the intent to make money off it... well then you've crossed the line from yutz to @$$hole.

Back