Hop combos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARaces23

Reaction score
First time poster, long time lurker here. I'm doing my first all grain, going IPA either next weekend or the following. My local home brew store has Warrior, columbus, simcoe, cascade, & centennial. I'm looking for a recipe that would work with these combos. I'm definitely a hop head, so bitter is better. Thanks in advance guys, Chris

A very nice beer using those is BierMuncher's interpretation of the Kona Brewing Co's Fire Rock Pale Ale. It's not overly bitter (it is an APA after all) but has loads of great hop flavor from Centennial and Cascade. Those two C-hops make a great combination. BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde is another hit on the forums.

Columbus, Centennial and cascade all work well together. My best Ipa was Columbus @ 60 Cent at 15 cascade at 0 and .5oz of each dry hopped. It was a lovely beer.

Ramitt said:
Columbus, Centennial and cascade all work well together. My best Ipa was Columbus @ 60 Cent at 15 cascade at 0 and .5oz of each dry hopped. It was a lovely beer.

This sounds pretty straight forward, may go this route. Like those big hop punches, so I may up weights a bit, maybe to .75 of each. Thanks guys, more ideas are welcome!

Tons of threads about Simcoe(TM) but it's usually paired with Amarillo Gold. Are you sure they only have 5 varieties??

I do Columbus at 60... Centennial at 15 & 5... For my IIPA I fist wort hop warrior and Columbus at 60 Centennial at 15 & 5... I alson dry hop both with Centennial.

Brewskii said:
Tons of threads about Simcoe(TM) but it's usually paired with Amarillo Gold. Are you sure they only have 5 varieties??

They have fuggles and EKG too, but not really interested. It's a tiny store, 1 man show

GySgtLynn said:
I do Columbus at 60... Centennial at 15 & 5... For my IIPA I fist wort hop warrior and Columbus at 60 Centennial at 15 & 5... I alson dry hop both with Centennial.

What amounts? Liking the sounds of the IIPA

Latest posts

Back