SWMBO just doesn't get it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
So, I stop at the store in the way home and pick up some groceries. While I'm there, I get myself something tasty.

SWMBO sees me unpacking the groceries and says "But, don't you already have a bunch of beer in the fridge?"

"Yeah... but that's brown ale and some porter and Jubelale. This is trippel."

She just looks at me.

"It's BELGIAN."

She continues to look at me.

*deep sigh*

My SWMBO knows not to really question my brewery, brewing, or beer stock...

The few times she has, I remind her of the times that I only get to sleep in my own bed 10x a month, so that she can be a stay at home mom.

Then I plan another brew day.:D

LOL!

Yeah, been there.
Then I got my own beer fridge.
Now the fridge is full so I have cases stacked up because the closet is full.

Whenever she comments I remind her she has her own hobby too. :D

My wife's "hobby" is big red wines, which I support whole-heartedly (and partake in too).

She actually knows enough about beer (although she does not drink it), that I get calls from the beer cooler and some fine IPA surprises. IN fact, she actually KNOWS which IPA's I have had, like, and do not like.

Sorry 'bout ^that^... SWMBO bragging is not what I wanted to do... well, OK, I did!

Whenever SWMBO questions me for picking up beer when I have three or four styles in stock that I've made, I tell her that it's research for a style that I may want to make in the future.

Then I ask her what kind she'd like me to make for her next, as soon as she finishes off the last batch.

My SWMBO knows better than to question anything beer or brewing related. I often come home from work to 'I didn't buy anything for scrapbooking today...'

Interestingly, my wife has shown a surprising interest in my new hobby. I was ready to wait until I had ebayed some stuff to get my kit, but she told me that I may as well just get it now, then she actually came with me to the LBHS :)

I hope I never forget how lucky I am! :ban:

Yep, I tested the waters once by saying, "I just CAN'T go into town without stopping by Grunst Brothers and see what kind of new beer to try!" She turned out to be very supportive, so I take every chance I can to pick up a new brew or two.

She knows I got a couple of homebrews on tap, and a door full of bottles (well, not full now, was it was not long ago...)

So, I stop at the store in the way home and pick up some groceries. While I'm there, I get myself something tasty.

SWMBO sees me unpacking the groceries and says "But, don't you already have a bunch of beer in the fridge?"

She just looks at me.

"It's BELGIAN."

*deep sigh*

Yes, but you left out the important part: Which trippel?

She just looks at me.

"It's BELGIAN."

*deep sigh*

SWMBO gets the same vacant stare from me when she talks about purses and shoes.

For better or worse my wife is very beer savvy. In fact I only know a hand full of my beer geek friends than are better than her.

I am not sure if this is a blessing or a curse. On one hand she knows all the ins-and-outs. On the other hand she knows all the ins-and-outs. ;)

My wife has no interest in beer, but she's happy to humor me. My 15 year old daughter knows more about it than SWMBO does.

Back