I hate stupid people & hippes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty73741

Reaction score
"The US Bureau of Land Management, overwhelmed by applications for large-scale solar energy plants, has declared a two-year freeze on applications for new projects until it completes an extensive environmental impact study. The study will produce 'a single set of environmental criteria to weigh future solar proposals, which will ultimately speed the application process.' The freeze means that current applications will continue to be processed — plants producing enough electricity for 20 million average American homes — but no new applications will be accepted until the study is complete. Solar power companies are worried that this will harm the industry just as it is poised for explosive growth. Some note that gas and oil projects are booming in the southwestern states most favorable to solar development. Another threat looming over the solar industry is that federal tax credits must be renewed in Congress, else they will expire this year

So what they are saying is that we should go solar to save the planet but when we do we cant disturb animals. I;m buying an island in the pacific & moving LOL

I think if you could afford your own island you wouldn't be sitting around posting on HBT without even using proper punctuation.

First of all, What's wrong with Hippies? Did one take your high school sweetheart?

So what they are saying is that we should go solar to save the planet but when we do we cant disturb animals. I;m buying an island in the pacific & moving LOL

And where does it say that "we cant disturb animals." (sic)

Yes, someone in the "Guber-ment" may actually have a clue. Everyone screams paying 4$ / gal, yet no new refineries, no drilling offshore, Can't drill in Alaska because of the Caribou, (Not even sure what type of nasty animal that is).

I will be first to say the next world saving alternative energy is still not here yet, but solar, wind, hydro and NUKES need to be put in place quickly. Of course most Europe countries are paying around 7$ / litre. Don't think too many Hummers got sold there unless it is a real status symbol.

Where exactly are they building these solar plants? If they're putting them in the temperate forests I could see the BLM getting sued by hippies and eco-freaks because OMG they're harming teh forestz! THEN they would have to do an EIS which can take at least 6 months. They don't do those for the lulz. The Southwest would be perfect for solar. It's desert, nothing and no one lives there, and there's lots and LOTS of sunshine.

Back