Is this a good start?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BWRIGHT

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=22

I'm looking to get started kegging and I need some advice. I want to start with at least to kegs. I want to have the check valves and independent pressures so that I can dispense one while another is carbing. I still haven't decided on whether I'm going to get a fridge, a keezer, or a small fridge and tower. I'd like to get theses kegs soon. So that I don't have to keep bottling. Could I adapt this kit to any of those application? And, if not, does anyone know where I can find a better deal?

FWIW, I am new to kegging myself.
I added a second tap for homebrew and the other still pumps commercial.
I don't have separate pressures for the kegs...since I usually just dispense the commercial at 12psi, I just leave it at that pressure and it carbs my corny just fine.
My first keg of an american wheat was nicely carbed in 6 days.

BTW...I bought the 4pack of ball locks from kegconnection and am very satisfied. I made sure to request all corny as they can ship a mix of corny/firestone etc. and I just wanted to deal with one brand.
Best of luck!

Link doesn't work for me.

to get separate pressures, you need a primary regulator, and then a secondary regulator for every different psi you need. and you can run manifolds at every juncture. So you could have 30psi at the main regulator along with a T so you can output at 30psi to a keg for fast force carbing, and the other half of the T pumping into the secondary that drops it to 14psi, and that has maybe 2 or 3 outlets on it.

That's the exact kit I bought, with some extra kegs.

It's great, and I recommend it. However, you won't be able to keep the kegs at different pressures, for that you need an additional regulator. Still, it's doable. What I do (and am doing right now) is have one gasline closed while the second is open. The psi is 30 today, while that one keg carbs. I can still dispense carbonated beer from the other keg while the gasline is turned off to it. It's carbonated beer, I just open the valve a little if I need more gas to push it out. It's not ideal long term, of course, but I'll only leave it at 30 psi for about two days, then lower to serving pressure anyway. That's what I've done to work around not having the secondary regulator- I don't have room in my little apartment fridge for it, for one, and I don't want to spend the money either. Now, if I had different beers with widely different serving pressure needs, then I would get the second regulator. Up until now, though, it works just fine.

That is the one I purchased and I love it! (I do want to get another regulator though as other have mentioned above.) My kegs came cleaned with new seals and and extra set just in case. Pressure tested everythin with soap and no leaks right out of the box.

Edit: I did go with the tower set up with the Perlick faucets which have been highly recomended.

I just called them up. This kit DOES come with check valves. He told me he asked the guy who puts the orders together, and that they do include check valves on the regulator. I just placed my order.

I got that same set around two months ago. The first regulator set had to be replaced the first time I used it. The inner dial was bent on the first regulator so the needle got stuck at 10 psi.

Not sure why they call there kegs reconditioned? The are cleaned and pressure tested nothing more. So I would consider purchasing a couple of seal kits just in case. http://stores.kegconnection.com/StoreFront.bok does the same thing and gives you a seal kit for every keg.

I had a much more pleasant purchase of my third keg and other items from kegconnection.

These are just my opinions and experiences.

seal kits are 4 bucks each. I'm jealous! Even if I had to reseal them I would have bought that setup just for the second regulator and those gas hoses. Much more asthetic to open the keezer and see that setup verses and splitter manifold and clear hoses. But I have never minded a little hard work for a deal and as long as the replaced the gauge hassle free then it could have happened in shipping or just poor QC.

seal kits are 4 bucks each. I'm jealous! Even if I had to reseal them I would have bought that setup just for the second regulator and those gas hoses. Much more asthetic to open the keezer and see that setup verses and splitter manifold and clear hoses. But I have never minded a little hard work for a deal and as long as the replaced the gauge hassle free then it could have happened in shipping or just poor QC.

Poor Qc! The box was not dameaged in any way as I would have refused it.

as far as slitters and clear gas hose, I purchased there dual gauge regulator with a splitter to run my third keg and there gauges are much better quality and I got red gas line:drunk:. Made in the USA and commercial grade. Shut off valves at the end of each outlet also makes it nice. Here are my gauges

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=216

Just my outer regualter has a splitter so I tap two and force carb one if needed.

Like I said my personal opinions and experiences.

What ever one is purchased it's all good. As long as one is happy with his/her purchase

those are nice looking gauges. Alas my poor wallet. looks like you have a very nice setup also. I probably should have spent a few more hours looking at different sites unfortunately for me I found my setup before I found this forum. this is definetly the most populated and knowledgeable forum on brewing I have found to date. another lesson in ask twice and buy once.:)

Back