Kegerator Help Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beach_brewer

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was wondering if you could help me out with a couple of questions I had about fitting a kegerator under my bar. SWMBO was kind enough to go out and pick this bar up for me while I am currently deployed and it looks like it has a lot of potential! :ban: It already has a single tower tap mounted on top (I will be upgrading to a dual upon my return) with a space for the kegerator located in a cabinet underneath. I was thinking of buying this kegerator http://www.beveragefactory.com/refrigerators/beer/danbyblack-2.shtml but after contacting the sales reps they said that they STRONGLY RECOMMEND against using this as an under the counter unit. I understand that it needs to be able to pull air in to keep it cool. SWMBO measured it for me and the kegerator will fit with room to spare on the sides and top so my question then becomes should I drill some ventilation holes into the back of the cabinet? Can I run some kind of fan to force air into the cabinet? Any advice you guys could give would be appreciated! I'm having trouble posting pics of the bar right now cuz the internet sucks out here in the Persian Gulf but hopefully I will be able to get some loaded here in a bit.

Cabinet Specs:
25 1/4" deep,32 1/4" wide and 35 1/2" high.

Oh and any mod's or cool ideas you have for making a killer bar setup would be appreciated. Happy Brewing guys!

If you have "space" around the Keggerator you should be fine...

It need to breathe... the more the better, a very small fan would be ok as long as this room does not get really hot.

I would say a minumum of at least 3 inches on the sides and the back to be safe but since you say you also have room on the top I think this sounds good.

My question is how is the Tap going to get through the bar?

Are you going to drill a big hole, remove the tap, put it through the hole and reassemble the keggerator?

DPB

Your swmbo is awesome. Too many times I here the story of the spouses spending all the deployment money on shoes or something silly like that.

IMO a vent wouldn't hurt and could save you a headache down the road.

If you have "space" around the Keggerator you should be fine...

It need to breathe... the more the better, a very small fan would be ok as long as this room does not get really hot.

I would say a minumum of at least 3 inches on the sides and the back to be safe but since you say you also have room on the top I think this sounds good.

My question is how is the Tap going to get through the bar?

Are you going to drill a big hole, remove the tap, put it through the hole and reassemble the keggerator?

DPB

The kegerator tower will be mounted on top of the bar with the fridge in the cabinet beneath. I will run the lines up through the hole at the top of the fridge, through the countertop and into the tower. I will have to put some kind of pipe between the underside of the counter to the fridge to keep the cold air from escaping but I have seen examples of it in the forums somewhere.

The kegerator tower will be mounted on top of the bar with the fridge in the cabinet beneath. I will run the lines up through the hole at the top of the fridge, through the countertop and into the tower. I will have to put some kind of pipe between the underside of the counter to the fridge to keep the cold air from escaping but I have seen examples of it in the forums somewhere.

I put the tubes running through the tower in copper pipe and had that stick down in the freezer... with the fan on the idea is that the temp inside is constant because it is moving around.

I also shoved foam into the tower around the copper pipe... it seem to work pretty well.

Back