Dang Amazon MP3 player kicks Android default's butt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porcupine73

Reaction score
I'm not really a big 'phone' person but since my phone has an MP3 player I've grown to enjoy it. The default Android MP3 player at least for me seems to just play the same crap over and over no matter how many times I skip it.

So to pick up some Bill Withers tunes I had to install the Amazon MP3 music player. I had a hunch it would be pretty darn good given how Amazon is pretty savvy on many other things.

Oh yes, I don't know why, the Amazon MP3 player is much much more adept at playing my favorite songs, without seeming like it keeps repeating the same songs in the same order. Very pleased. :drunk:

Oh Amazon MP3 player thou knowest me only too well ... mmm Friday evening ... homebrew ... kitty nuzzling my face ... wait did I just say that I did ...

Last edited by a moderator:
i haven't tried amazon mp3 but i'm a big fan of Google Music app

you can upload your own music to their cloud server and stream to your phone or any web browser in addition to playing local files off of your phone

The answer just might be "play lists". Invest some time and you can go whole days listening to what you want to hear for the mood you're in.

Gotta believe the phone cos are digging the whole "cloud" thing serving phones, burning up those data caps ;) I have like 2500 mp3s on my phone, takes up less than half of the space on my memory card. Goes wherever I go, doesn't eat into my 2GB data cap...

Cheers!

day_trippr said:
The answer just might be "play lists". Invest some time and you can go whole days listening to what you want to hear for the mood you're in.

Gotta believe the phone cos are digging the whole "cloud" thing serving phones, burning up those data caps ;) I have like 2500 mp3s on my phone, takes up less than half of the space on my memory card. Goes wherever I go, doesn't eat into my 2GB data cap...

Cheers!

I have unlimited data so I like running up my usage ;-)

I haven't used the MP3 player from Amazon. My default player is Winamp. But I HAVE bought CDs from Amazon.com! I can usually get the rare CD that I just HAVE to own for like $10 and you can even buy individual tracks for 99 cents. The price is right and the MP3s are not locked to a device, so I can copy to my PC at home if I like.

My usage is 5GB/month because I have tethering, but I always download any purchases, and never play from 'the cloud'. I got 'screwed' years back on purchases through Windows Media Player which required a license to use and other stuff like that which is no longer supported, cost me maybe $100 to repurchase the unrestricted MP3's.

Latest album purchase was to get this song, oh Bill Withers, you really nailed it:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back