What's your favorite BMC beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorRobert

Reaction score
If you don't like BMC, then move along, this thread is not for you.

For those that occasionally enjoy a can of bmc on a hot summer day, while slaving away in the yard, what's your favorite BMC beer and why? Miller lite, I think does taste a little better than the others, but goes down way way too fast. I've been buying Coors original, and I feel like that has a little more depth to it and doesnt go down so quick (but quick enough - it's a fine line).

Miller Lite all the way - I drink it like water on a hot day. Haters gonna hate, but if I'm buying BMC it's ML baby.

Ive heard alot of craft beer drinkers say high life. Ive looked for it to see the cost but no one around here carrys it. Ill try it some day.

Brought a 12 pk of High Life to the Indy 500 this past sunday. To be honest, i should probably buy that beer more often. I also really enjoy Old Milwaukee when I can find it.

Ive heard alot of craft beer drinkers say high life. Ive looked for it to see the cost but no one around here carrys it. Ill try it some day.

You can't find any in plainfield?? have you tried walmart or a grocery store? they usually have it in some fashion there

According to wikipedia MGD and High Life is the same beer but with different "treatments" - I'm guess carbonation and pasteurization differences.

PBR is a nice smooth full-bodied lager, slight sweet pils flavor and just enough hops to balance.

I went to a rodeo last weekend and I think they said I was the only guy drinking from their PBR keg, everything else was light beer. Good stuff, went well in 90F heat in wooden bleachers watching bull riding.

High Life and MGD. Fosters is also OK. If you can find the 'Premium' or what used to be called 'extra bitters', give it a go. Much better than the regular.

Ahhh yes tough question.....I'm going to have to say PBR in cans of course!!!

High Life is a very close second but only if it is the bottle!!! think it tastes better in my opinion even if it is all in my head!!!!

Don't forget about Coors Banquet! Quite tasty for a BMC!

Foster's. And their extra bitter is better as Hammy said.
Is "Premium" the same as the extra bitter?

Miller Lite. Wife drinks it, smooth and crisp, very refreshing when it's 100 degrees out. I'll also drink High Life, PBR, Coors Original and MGD.

Used to really like Bud and Bud Ice, as well as MGD. Just had an MGD the other day and just didn't care for it any more.
I've been spoiled I suppose...

1. Coors Original
2. Miller High Life
3. PBR (the beer I started with over 35 yrs ago!)

Ahhh yes tough question.....I'm going to have to say PBR in cans of course!!!

High Life is a very close second but only if it is the bottle!!! think it tastes better in my opinion even if it is all in my head!!!!

Don't forget about Coors Banquet! Quite tasty for a BMC!

Totally agree about High LIfe in bottles v. cans. Like a nice slice of buttered toast from the bottle, corn water from the can IMO

Totally agree about High LIfe in bottles v. cans. Like a nice slice of buttered toast from the bottle, corn water from the can IMO

I couldn't have said it better!! I also feel like they go down faster from the bottle, maybe because you can watch it disappear! :tank:

I used to be a High Life kind of guy too until I tried Michelob Lager. Not ultra or 64 or anything like that, just regular full strength Michelob. Very tasty. Anyone who hasn't had it should definitely try it.

wow surprised so many Highlife Lovers...I swear people will give me the oddest looks when I switch from my opening Two Hearted in the bar to a more "session friendly" and wallet friendly Highlife

In Canada, for the generics I like Molson Ex. Everyone rags on it as an "old mans beer", but it's what my old man drinks and what I started with. Soft spot I suppose.

CHEAP think like 3.99 a six pack of long necks. 10.99 for 18 longnecks. really wish they were pop tops, I love having clear beer bottles around for wine.

Miller Lite. Wife drinks it, smooth and crisp, very refreshing when it's 100 degrees out. I'll also drink High Life, PBR, Coors Original and MGD.

Any of those are great in the heat. Ipa's, stouts, and other homebrew styles I make won't cut it when the mercury rises. BMC is a good standby! :mug:

Miller Lite. Just I bough my first case this year. Only drink it during the summer.

Though I am goign to give High Life a try.

i am an avid HL guy, raised on PBR. but i just had my first natty boh and let me say, i could become a redneck if they sold that in jersey. cousin eddy style

Coor's original or PBR in cans on ice is awesome on a hot day.

MGD gets top marks followed by High Life. I like Coors original and Miller Lite too. Drank an uncomfortable amount of Busch in college...bleh.

Blue Moon or Shock Top. They can keep the lagers and pilsners.

Feel mostly the same, though I've been known to swill some Miller Lite when I'm desperately trying to not drink (like when I used to deejay), but being sociable :mug:
Tried Bud Select a couple of times too, thought it better than the original Bud and Bud Light- didn't have that strange motor oil taste I get from those two...

Coors is practically undrinkable for me. I tried to do my part to help a bartender kill a keg of it at one point so he could "tap something better" (his words :p ), and barely choked down one pint before I had to cry uncle.
Several others took up the challenge and fared a bit better, and soon enough we had a keg of Yuengling Bock on. Delish.

Latest posts

Back