Warning signs of homebrew addiction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like my SHMBO said is it ever enough 14 kegs 200 bottles 2 fridges 2 chest freezers (converted of course) 9 total taps. Now just got a 20cu chest freezer to make a 12 tap coffin. Love her more then my beer. Only buy beers to harvest yeast.

When my daughter at 2 1/2, sits down at her little table with a sippy cup in hand. I ask "watcha doin?" and she replies "having a beah".

Now at 5, she knows more about beer than I knew when I was in college.

Finally, when you brew and your 5 yr old daughter asks "how did your beer come out dad?"

lol...

the biggest sign of my addiction was i went to a party and someone asked me to bring a "couple of beers" so they could try them - so i brought 9 different kinds of beer. i thought it was totally normal, but apparently it isn't. :)

sickbrew said:
When your coworkers bring in 22oz bottles and expect timely refills.

Screw that. Everybody tells me they want to drink my beer. First off, they are brave and secondly, they think its free for us or something?

You go to a party with the hopes of convincing everyone drinking out of a dark pop top bottle to leave their empties next to the sink for you to collect at the end of the night

git_dr1 said:
When you walk through the pots at the store and think "I could boil in that!"

This antique shop by me has like a 10 gallon copper kettle in the window. Its probably an over priced heirloom but I just want to make some brew in it.

I'll admit I lifted this from a beer mag...

You know you have a brewing problem if you have contemplated converting your in-door water dispenser on your fridge into a beer dispenser.

Oh, I just found a new way to play everyones favorite game, "Come up with some that hasn't been discussed on hbt yet".

MileHighHops said:
You go to a party with the hopes of convincing everyone drinking out of a dark pop top bottle to leave their empties next to the sink for you to collect at the end of the night

Done this lol

Guilty for alot of these.. especially wasting most of a day at work doing brewing research. Also, I took last Friday off to brew.. it was a great day!

If you own more refrigerators or freezers for beer than you do for food.
If your entire fenceline is dedicated to growing hops.

When the only reason you do spring cleaning is to expand your little brewing corner. Not to mention,make room for all those boxes of bottles...:drunk:

When you go down into your basement looking for a little room to store your beer equipment and throw out half of your SWMBO's Christmas decorations, two coffee tables, a china hutch, three empty cardboard boxes, a stationary bike, a plastic water fountain, and old stand up light light fixture. Then look at the half empty basement and say to yourself "I think that might be enough room".

You use DME in your coffee because the sugar dispenser is empty and the DME is within reach. After all, who doesn't keep some in their kitchen to make starters?

Nah. I'm a database guy. Comes with the territory. :D

I was using Beersmith but it faw*ed me over when I was short on inventory and it only deducted a partial grain bill. I said, scr*w it, and decided to use a spreadsheet. I can see what I have on hand very easily.

M_C
That's not a sign of addiction, that's just plain OCD. :mug:

Screw that. Everybody tells me they want to drink my beer. First off, they are brave and secondly, they think its free for us or something?

My friends always tell me I should sell the beer. I tell them "A) That is highly illegal. B) I Brew it so I can drink it!"

I can see where that'd be a problem. It seems to me they look at you as a source of free beer. Not like you had to buy it or anything. Don't they realize you had to buy the stuff to make it???:drunk:

I'm planning a kitchen remodel and leaning towards a gas stove mostly for the ease of making starters. I'm doing a double boiler deal with my erlenmeyer flask now, but it'll be nice to just set the flask right on the burner.

You never seem to have enough fermentation vessels. Each time you buy one you say to yourself "OK, I can have 4 batches going at once and THAT is plenty." But once a batch is done fermenting you itch so bad to brew again that you go and spend another 17 bucks on a new fermentation bucket.

- When you wish, at least 10 times a day, you could open a bag of fresh leaf hops and inhale the aroma.

- When you seriously consider developing a hop-aroma car freshener.

- When your kids not only get a beer for you and pour it, but fill the bottle with water and leave it in the sink.

Back