The best supply find in a Lifetime!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxSpyderBrew

Reaction score
there is a wine home brew place near my home that went out of busness today.

They offer customers a choice of wine, they have a tasting the customer picks the wine, they mix it teach the cust the proses of making wine and let the cust use there equipment. Then after its done the cust comes back and bottles it....

They make there own wine and they where selling there wine for cheap... im not a wine snob but its desent and i wont turn down a good deal and wine makes good x-mas gifts.

I went ahead and bought a cupple cases of wine and while i was having a cupple of glasses i ended up talking to the owner. :tank: I ended up asking him what he was going to do with all the carboys and buckets...... he takes me back to the Supply Room ........ "carboys and buckets Galore"

I asked "how much for 3 buckets and 3 carboys, all i have 40 bucks" He says "How big is your car"........... "VW Jetta"...... "You can have as many carboys and buckets as you can fit in you car"......

Apparently i can fit 20buckets and 20 carboys in my car......... He also threw in a Bucket full of airlocks and stopers, 3 bottle trees, Racking canes, and bottle and carboy brushes.......

:ban::ban::ban:

I just want to be the first to say that I hate you...
That is all
-Me

now get yourself $100 and go back with a truck. seriously. I'd kill to have a place bigger than a 2 bedroom apartment to live in, cause honestly, I hate small places when I wanna brew anything.

First: I hate you.

Second: Any chance that your name is misleading and you live in Colorado, not Texas? Wanna share?:D

(nice score)

while everyone is saying they hate you.. can i have one of your carboys:)
i would say i love you
ha
good score man!
cheers
gary

Sounds like a cream dream... That's rad! So where you going to buy your home brew supplies from now?!?!

P.S. Spell check!

while everyone is saying they hate you.. can i have one of your carboys:)
i would say i love you
ha
good score man!
cheers
gary

actually, me too. :D oh yeah and a bucket or two.

if you can do this stuff in a single bedroom apartment, I'm betting a 2 bedroom is plenty, although I share it with family, so yeah, gotta be kinda easy on how nuts I go with the setup.

Is this that wine place at FW? I heard about it.

Could be, those guys were jerks. I certainly didn't help them stay in business, but I would love to help clean them out of all their stuff, but their website is still up and doesn't mention any closing.

wooooweeee - ok, I'll give you my address so you can ship some to me...

ta very big

I don't hate you, but I do feel that your apartment is too small for brewing. You should quit brewing and distribute your carboys to those of us who have more room!

i_hate_you_so_much-1616.jpg

Revvy, SWMBO was reading the thread with me and the only thing she commented on was "Poor kitty" and that we'd have nowhere to store that many buckets/carboys. Oh and OP, I hate you. I'd ruin my credit if I had that many fermentors... All of them would be in use within a week or so.

Revvy, SWMBO was reading the thread with me and the only thing she commented on was "Poor kitty" and that we'd have nowhere to store that many buckets/carboys. Oh and OP, I hate you. I'd ruin my credit if I had that many fermentors... All of them would be in use within a week or so.

Yeah, I bet all the other kittys beat him up at kitty school the next day.

But I betcha he peed on their pillows when he got home. :D

Revvy, please...make a post of warning,...then, next post maybe, post any future pictures that are that funny. Why, if I had had a sip of beer in my mouth right then, my poor 11 month old granddaughter would have been covered with it! You'd feel guilty then, wouldn't ya? (Luckily though, I didn't have...too lazy to go to the basement and pour a mug!)

Sorry guys i am keeping 5 sets and the others ive allready unloaded.... when i went to work today w/ all of the buckets and carboys shoved in my car i sold all of them to my coworkers for like 15 a peace..... and the buckets where like 5...... i was kinda supprised on how many people brew that i work with.......

All of us Phone Techs are Drukerds

Im in the DFW area BTW......

Sorry guys i am keeping 5 sets and the others ive allready unloaded.... when i went to work today w/ all of the buckets and carboys shoved in my car i sold all of them to my coworkers for like 15 a peace..... and the buckets where like 5...... i was kinda supprised on how many people brew that i work with.......

All of us Phone Techs are Drukerds

Im in the DFW area BTW......

Where was this place that was closing down? I know that The Winemaker Shop in Fort Worth was moving to a new location, so that can't be it. Come on, spill the beans, man!

Back