Recipe Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoochild7

Reaction score
I have .75 pounds of Roasted Barley and .5 pounds of Black Malt I'm gonna use about 7 pounds of amber extract anyone got recipies?

I'm not very good at formulating recipes, but it sounds like you're making a stout with that bill. You could throw everything in and put in 30-35 IBU's of your favorite bittering hop @ 60 minutes, flavoring addition optional. Personally, I'd consider acquiring some chocolate malt, as well, and cutting back some on the black malt which I find easily overpowers if not used in the proper ratio.

I agree with BeeGee, cut back on the Black malt to avoid a burnt flavor. You could stick with the stout direction this is heading in or shoot for a porter with some crystal malt.

Third the motion on the stout! Perfect for drinking by the fire.

Voodoochild- Did ya see one of the guys running for gov't in NJ is pro marijuana? His campaign slogan is "Take a Toke, Then Vote". :p

Nah I didn't hear about that but it should have been take a vote then toke you toke first you don't wanna do anything cept maybe drink a homebrew

I was born in Camden in the 50s. I lived in AC (Atlantic City) in '69 to 72, then I joined the Army and didn't return until 1980 (around Ft Dix).

I left living in Jersey for good in '87 when I moved to IL.

I've since lived in IL (2nd time), NC (3rd time) and Germany for 5 years (2nd time).

How about yourself?

Drinkin' one of my first batches as I write this and I love it. I live in a town Kenilworth. All 29 years of my life. I would like to move to a place with more land but with the nearest beach 1.5 hours away and the city 45 minutes away I may never go. Plus I have 2 HBS one 20 minutes away and the other 45 mins away it's a paradise.

You never know untill you try. I cleaned everything out of my fridge in sep. I used 9oz. black 6oz roasted and a lot of other grains and all extra hops. turned out to be 1 great beer that I really enjoy. Had 1 tonight after I got home from work. Good luck.

Back