Beer Smith Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runyanka

Reaction score
Is there any friggin directions or tutorials for beer smith? I have no idea what the F I'm doing on it. I would love to use it efficently within the trial period, thus making me want to buy it :) however, if i cant use it, I wont purchase it. :fro:

The website has a forum. I learned mostly by trial and error, you will pick it up in a day or two. Any specific questions?

when you open beersmith there is a help on the top use that and there will be a tutorial on how to make your first recipe

mostly trying to figure out strike water / sparge water quantities and temps. I want to know if i put in my grain bill what i will need to get a higer efficiency. Thanks!:ban:

Is there any friggin directions or tutorials for beer smith? I have no idea what the F I'm doing on it. I would love to use it efficently within the trial period, thus making me want to buy it :) however, if i cant use it, I wont purchase it. :fro:

Hmmmm. How rude.

I did purchase BS and think it was worth it. It is not, IMO, intuitive to use. Still wandering through it trying to figure out what goes where, how to see this or that.

Before you can expect any accuracy, you need to enter your brewery specs. Then play with it. Spend some time on this forum and on the Beersmith forum. It took me most of the trial period to get the hang of it and I'm still learning more about it. Its well worth the $20. Don't get discouraged.

I just put them in My Recipes. As far as the 20 bucks... The purchase of BeerSmith is a better investment than some of the books I bought.

Back