First All Grain Tommorrow Morning...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcrawford

Reaction score
I moved into my new apartment last weekend and long behold, a turkey fryer awaited me in the basement. Yeah for free stuff! So i went to home depot last night and built myself a 10 gallon mash tun from the beverage cooler. So tomorrow i want to break all this good stuff in.

Right now I have a dunkelweizen and Edwort's pale ale (extract version) on tap. What would be a good first AG to brew for a little variation having just drank those 2? Both kegs are full now so if its something that needs to age a while that is fine. But I want something that is good to drink outside on a nice summer evening.

Any suggestions?

question 2 - I built my mash tun following flyguy's instructions but couldn't find any SS washers. Should i use a zinc plated washer for a 1 time use or just go without it for a bit?? It drips about 1 drip every 30 seconds or so. No big deal with the drips, i'll just clean up the sticky mess after.

Easy all-grains for summer:

"Cream of Three Crops" Cream Ale.
clearestbeer.jpg
"Centennial Blonde"
HappyFri_4.jpg
"Sterling Gold" (You'll need coriander and orange peel)
Sterling_Pour2.jpg
"Blue Balls" Belgian Wit (You'll need coriander and orange peel)
Belgian_Wit_1.JPG

Check my recipe drop down for any of these recipe.

Good luck with your brew session and post some pics... :D

Put some newspapers under that drip. That stuff can corrode your counter-top finish if that's where you're mashing.

those are gorgeous pints! A cream ale is a perfect goto beer on a hot summer day.
I have 10g of it fermenting in my basement right now!

I drank one of Death Brewers Cream Ales (my first PM) last week while brewing Ed's Haus on a Mental Health day. It made for a great "It's hot as balls and I'm sitting beside a boiling keg" Beer.

Back