New Columbus, Ohio Homebrew Site

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the article. I know its been discussed on this site a few times. It just doesn't seem like a feasible business plan to me (the brew-on-premise idea). I would never brew my beer somewhere other then my house or a friends.

I could see how it would be cool for some people, but I like brewing at home and having my beer fermenting where I can keep an eye on it. Also, for now anyway, five gallon batches are about as big as I want to do. Most of the fun for me is the actual brewing process, and brewing often enough that I can try new things and tinker around with it. I don't want to brew once and have 140 bottles of beer out of it...I'd only be able to brew once every few months or I'd have to build a storage shed for all that beer.

ryank020 said:
Found this article about a new homebrew store/brewery in Columbus. Figured it would be good for new homebrewers, those who have small places to brew (apartments) and when SWMBO kicks you out of the kitchen.

http://www.columbusunderground.com/bru-is-bringing-brew-on-premises-concept-to-columbus[/QUOTE

We have a place in new Hampshire called incredabrew where you brew your beer and it cost like $120 for a 10 gallon batch! STUPID...... oh btw what does SWMBO mean?

I have friend in the Fisher Business College at OSU and said Gavin came in to pitch his plan and look for investors. Apparently the brewing area design is setup in a way to encourage conversation between the different brewing groups. They also will have a pub. I'm personally not sure of how good the idea is; but Brew Kettle in Strongsville is pretty successful. Grandview is definately a hot spot in the Columbus area. Eh, who knows; sounds like a lot of babysitting to me.

I have friend in the Fisher Business College at OSU and said Gavin came in to pitch his plan and look for investors. Apparently the brewing area design is setup in a way to encourage conversation between the different brewing groups. They also will have a pub. I'm personally not sure of how good the idea is; but Brew Kettle in Strongsville is pretty successful. Grandview is definately a hot spot in the Columbus area. Eh, who knows; sounds like a lot of babysitting to me.

The Brew Kettle also makes some awesome beers. White Rajah IPA is one of my faves!

I have never been to a BOP, but since they only have kettles, are you limited to extract only?

I love to see this happening in columbus. I think it's great that they added the pub and home brew store which can carry the Brew On Premises Idea.

I got my start at the Wine Makers Shop just North of these guys on High st. They didn't carry much besides kits, but it was a start. What a difference having a beer focused HBS now in AZ.

I have never been to a BOP, but since they only have kettles, are you limited to extract only?

Its my understanding that the architect designed brewing sculptures that allowed people to converse while brewing. It seemed to be AG.

I think it's good so long as they have supplies for sale as well. A good all around shop like that is always a good thing. Too bad it's a few hours away from me.

Back