Allergies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
Post in the murse thread made me think of it. My allergies suck. I can hardly ever breath through my nose (pollen and what-not). I have severe (can kill me) allergies to horses, pine nuts and anchovies. I'm also allergic to cats, cotton seed, hamsters, rabbits, raw broccoli, raw carrots and apple skin. Wierd, eh? I'm cool around dogs though, and other vegetables are fine. I can even handle those certain vegetables when they are just slightly steamed.

You guys have any weird combos?

Just the standard poison ivy for me... Two guys that I work with are deathly allergic to peanuts. We can't have any peanut products in the office since even just the peanut vapors in the air will cause them to have a reaction.

My mother was very allergic to milk, but she could eat cheese and ice cream, weird....

I found out a few weeks ago that I'm allergic to wheat spray extract. I was brewing a wheat beer and got some of the wheat extract in the air when I was putting it in the pot. Face and mouth swelled up with itchy hives - it was awful.

I have a bunch, but I battle back with Zyrtec and Singular

stuff works well for me

No strange allergies, just the usual grass & pollens. I don't get much congestion, but lots of itch. And one neighbor raises seed grass and the other crops hay. There are days when the air is a pale yellow. Loratidine, a 10 mg miracle!

I'm slightly allergic to eggplant and occasionally some canned tomatoes. My mouth gets tingly and my neck gets all red and itchy.

Luckily eggplant is one of the few foods I don't really like, so it's a win-win.

Being Scottish I am allergic to being sober.
This calls for several trips a week to the doctors (pub).
Remedies can be picked up at the chemist (bottle shop).
Home made remedies are the best though and there should always be a large supply of these in case friends come down with the same afflicition.:mug:

Pretty much the only thing I'm allergic to is dust and pollen. Foods don't bother me, and I've never broken out with poison ivy either.

seefresh said:
Dude, peanut vapors? That's crazy.

You're tellin' me... I didn't believe it until a bunch of us went to a bar that had bowls of peanuts at the tables and one of them started turning red and coughing. That guy is allergic to basically everything, he has to keep an epi-pen with him at all times.

I always tell him he can't mess with anybody because he has way too many kryptonites that can be used against him:D

Oh sure, NOW it works

I bet he uses Windex ;) That's what my first college roomate did instead of walking 10 feet to the shower

My allergies just kicked in today, and it usually takes until the second dosing of Claritin before it starts working.
My sneezing is scaring my coworkers :)

seefresh said:
Link worked for me, and dude, that's absolutely crazy. So how do you stay clean?
I shower and suffer. Since I work in a temp controlled environment, I don't need to shower as often as I did working outside.

Wild

Back