First brew, first label, first post : )

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sides, or no sides?

• Sides

• No Sides

Results are only viewable after voting.

jaredriesel

Reaction score
Hey everyone. This is my first post here, and I just wanted to thank everyone for creating such a terrific resource.

I bottled my first homebrew ever just yesterday. It was the Brewer's Best kit IPA. While I do feel slightly guilty assigning my own name to a kit beer, I am still very proud and excited and figured I'd try to come up with a name and label.

Let me know what you all think! (There are two versions...one just has the side borders). Aside from the poll, any additional comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

instrumentalIPA-label-sides%20copy.jpg

instrumentalIPA-label%20copy.jpg

I think the one with the sides may look better on the bottle.

I like it with the sides, if of course you are going to added text to it, with brewing, location, brewer info and the likes. But, you could also use the plain one and add a small label to the back for that as well.

Either way you go, its a good label.

Thanks for all your responses. I'm torn between wanting to be simplistic but not TOO simplistic. I like the sides, but I also don't want the clutter of a ton of extra text. I'll keep playing around with it and see what I come up with.

It's what's on the inside that counts, right?

hey the cool thing is you can make it what ever you like. i like the no sides look, but if you want to make it with side and put information about yourself and the beer and may make for a ease of reading. but nice job on your first label

Take the mike off and put a drum kit on it! No just kiddin...I like the boarders, and the colors look great. I wouldn't gussie it up too much more.

I Love the sides. what would it look like if you had the same consistant stripes that are in the Mic photo as well as the sides?

Just a thought. I really like that label though :mug:

I like it with the sides.

I'm also brewing my first ever brew currently. (7th day in the primary, though I just bought a secondary glass carboy and will rack in the next few days. Was fermenting a little slow at 61-63 degrees so going a little longer). Its also the brewer's best kitted IPA. Great minds think alike.

Nice work on that label.

Thank you all for your comments! I've quickly become obsessed with this forum... it's almost as addictive as this hobby...

Great label! My only criticism is the funky 'T' you used in 'This' doesn't look like a T to me at first. I thought it was an asterisk referring to somewhere else in the label, followed by 'his', but that just may be me being stupid :)
Overall very cool!

I've used that typeface before and that t always bothered me too. It makes it look like a bullseye and draws way to much attention to itself, you can take it into adobe illustrator and remove the circle.

Yeah, that "t" and the capital "A" annoyed me too, but I dig the font. I'll play around some more in photoshop when I get a chance.

Back