Hello From New Orleans !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Josh. Im from a small town/suburb just west of New Orleans named Westwego(go figure). I got into brewing around 4 years ago. I just started brewing again scince the storm. I love Guiness Extra Stout, and hope to get good at brewing my own stout style beer, among many other styles. I wanted to also say I already LOVE this site !!!

Go Saints!!!

I'd love to see the Saints make the Super Bowl, just so that all the media attention is on them, the Pats feel completely disrespected, and they win a fourth title. That would :rockin:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm in Waveland, so not too far from you. Have they reopened any homebrew shops in your area or are you ordering online like me? I'd love to find a store locally. Thanks!

:)

Welcome to HBT. I hope your life is getting back to normal and I hope things are well with you.

I would sure like to see the Saints win it all this year! :mug:

Welcome to the boards! I hope everything is coming back together for you and you as well Spyk'd. Have fun watching the game Vs. Chi-town. I also would like to see the Saints make the big game, no offense Bears fans, just a nice story. Hopefully, we win tomorrow, and then leave you guys just one game short of total glory in February ;)

Go Pats!!

Welcome to the forum!

I'm in Waveland, so not too far from you. Have they reopened any homebrew shops in your area or are you ordering online like me? I'd love to find a store locally. Thanks!

---------------------------------

No, Brew-Ha-Ha never re-opened. There's a little place in Slidell named the beer box that has a few kits but not many. Online is really the only way to have a selection.

Hi Josh, Good to see us getting back to brewing after the storm.
I live in Kenner, and used to buy from brew ha ha also:(
Mike is a good dude hope he reopens.

The Beer Box on Old Spanish Trail in Slidell can get homebrew supplies. Owner's name is Joe.
If enough people have an interest, he'll order for you.

Brewer3401 said:
The Beer Box on Old Spanish Trail in Slidell can get homebrew supplies. Owner's name is Joe.
If enough people have an interest, he'll order for you.

That is good to know. I just moved to Slidell a few months ago, and have stopped in their once since the phone book says they sell homebrew supplies, but the person I talked to didn't seem very knowledgeable. I'm not sure of his name, but I'll have to try going back.

i know i'm a little late but.... yeah Mr. Joe who owns the beer box in slidell is my sister in laws dad. ya'll holla at me and i'll tell him we got some people interested in some supplies. peace- lee

Yes, I'm a rookie also (just finished third batch) nad have been ordering online. I wish there was a homebrew shop closer. Anyone know of any?

I am between BR and NOLA and either go to Houston or order online. There is a shop in Denham Spriings that is open like 4 hrs a week and one in BR that you have to make an appointment to go to. I personally wouldnt buy and grains from them due to poor turn over but have bought bottles and carboys from them. The name is Bootleggers. They are on Chippewa st near GN Gonzales Honda. If yall find a better place near by let me know

Back