BYO Label Submissions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
anyone else sending in a label for this years competion? Deadline is May 2nd!

Mine is going in the mail this week

logobase_copy.jpg

good luck to everyone who enters!

I sent in one of my labels as well (courtesy of billpa)... good luck to you, the label looks superb!

I sent one in just paper and one attached to a bottle. Here they are:

5841-RoaringBullCITRUSWEIZENLabelResize.jpg

5841-RoaringBullonBottles1.jpg

Kota - I'm not submitting any labels, but I had to take the time to salute a fellow Sifl and Olly fan. Rock out that Chester avatar! :rockin:

Your label looks great! Good luck!

I suck. I just packed up my actual entry, noting like waiting to the last second, and didn't take any real pics. Here is one of the roughs me and my friend made, and actually came close to the finished product:
Bottle1.jpg

We ended up using a growler rather than a 12oz to give a more rustic feel. I was going for the snake oil wagon product type thing. I think we got it more on the finished product than in the image above. I need to post the final image, but it is on my other laptop.

Ryan_PA said:
I suck. I just packed up my actual entry, noting like waiting to the last second, and didn't take any real pics. Here is one of the roughs me and my friend made, and actually came close to the finished product:
Bottle1.jpg

We ended up using a growler rather than a 12oz to give a more rustic feel. I was going for the snake oil wagon product type thing. I think we got it more on the finished product than in the image above. I need to post the final image, but it is on my other laptop.

Looks excellent, I like! I'm sure the growler will score you some points too. It won't be your typical entry! Good luck...

RoaringBrewer said:
Looks excellent, I like! I'm sure the growler will score you some points too. It won't be your typical entry! Good luck...

Thanks man. I actually made a last minute tweak, and took the opportuity to snap off the shots below just befor giving it to UPS:

PIC-0095.jpg

PIC-0094.jpg

Not yet... You?

I didn't know when (or even "if") to expect word. Winners not supposed to be posted until July-August issue, correct? Or is it sooner... ?

Nothing from me either, but the local club is also holding a label contest, so I think I may enter with the same design.

Do you even get anything for winning? I thought they just put them in the mag and you found out when it came. Doesnt seem like they would contact you unless they were giving you something.

Do you even get anything for winning? I thought they just put them in the mag and you found out when it came. Doesnt seem like they would contact you unless they were giving you something.

Everyone listed in the mag gets something I believe... The "honorable mentions" usually get some odds or end brewing equipment or a $25-50 gift card. The Top 2-3 usually get a decent package of stuff though - probably worth $100-300 at least depending. I don't remember exactly what last years winner got, but I thought he got a nice Polarwear Kettle ($$), some giftcards, etc.

Hey guys.. got a note in the mail saying that my label got the honorable mention award for the contest!! Its gonna be printed in the next issue! They also sent a fleece from Alaskan Brewing Co. (unfortunately its a XL.. and im just a little guy..) but its cool anyway!

anyone else get any news?

Gotta go to the house today to get the mail. We are in the process of moving and not staying there any more, so I will see tonight. I've got my fingers crossed.

Hey guys.. got a note in the mail saying that my label got the honorable mention award for the contest!! Its gonna be printed in the next issue! They also sent a fleece from Alaskan Brewing Co. (unfortunately its a XL.. and im just a little guy..) but its cool anyway!

Brian
That so totaly ROCKS :rockin: Good for you!!!!!
Cheers
JJ

I am pretty sure I won something too. There was a More Beer gift card in the mail with the memo of "Congrats!" but nothing from the magazine.

Thanks man. I am actually anxious to see what place I got. I am assuming honorable, but still curious. Thing is, I fly out of town on Thus, so if it is not in the mail tomorrow, I will not know till next week.

yeah, so i won silver. still nothing from the magazine, but a congrats letter brom brew organic for winning silver. i am really stoked!!

Every day is like a mini Christmas at my house. I go home and there is something different, and I still have not gotten official word from the BYO people. SO far I have won the More Beer gift cert, a free beer kit from Brew Organic (Seven Bridges), a Muntons malting fleece, and a 3 foot long Minibrew thermometer with 1/2" threaded end. I have no idea what I could possible use this for since it is so freaking long. It is supposedly intended for wine makers according to the sheet it came with, but I do not make wine. It goes to 250*.

Again, no word from BYO, so I have no idea if this is everything, or if more is still on its way. I may actually call them tomorrow since I am moving out of the house they have as my address next week and want to make sure they know.

What a cool experience.

Every day is like a mini Christmas at my house. I go home and there is something different, and I still have not gotten official word from the BYO people. SO far I have won the More Beer gift cert, a free beer kit from Brew Organic (Seven Bridges), a Muntons malting fleece, and a 3 foot long Minibrew thermometer with 1/2" threaded end. I have no idea what I could possible use this for since it is so freaking long. It is supposedly intended for wine makers according to the sheet it came with, but I do not make wine. It goes to 250*.

Again, no word from BYO, so I have no idea if this is everything, or if more is still on its way. I may actually call them tomorrow since I am moving out of the house they have as my address next week and want to make sure they know.

What a cool experience.

congrats man! sounds like your a medalist!!!!

I did take the Silver. My label is on page 35 (I just bought out my LHBS supply of Brew mags). This is kind of cool.

Brian, yours looks awesome on page 37!!!

Latest posts

Back