buying grain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Action

Reaction score
Just wondering where everyone is buying there grain? Shipping seems to be a deal killer. I just ordered a Monster mill so I want to buy grain by the sack.
Thanks for any help.
Jack

I get mine from one of the LHBS's. One of them quoted me $62.00 for 25 KG Maris Otter, and would allow me to buy 2 oz hops to go with the malt. The other charged me $41.00 for the Maris Otter, and allowed me to buy whatever hops I needed, because I'm a regular.

Guess which offer I picked.

-a.

ajf said:
I get mine from one of the LHBS's. One of them quoted me $62.00 for 25 KG Maris Otter, and would allow me to buy 2 oz hops to go with the malt. The other charged me $41.00 for the Maris Otter, and allowed me to buy whatever hops I needed, because I'm a regular.

Guess which offer I picked.

-a.
2 oz of hops seriously?

try and get a bulk buy going in your area. You may just end up with a closet like this
grain pron.JPG
:mug:

My LHBS is about 50 miles away, Just looking for something to save $ and gas.
I am looking for a closer LHBS but haven't found 1 yet.
Jack

My LHBS lets you buy grain by the bag at a discount rate....Like 80 cents a pound for 2 row...But the great part is...You get to keep your grain with the rest of his, and he just keeps track of how much you get each time so its always fresh...and you get to use his mill which is really nice... Its a great setup, and its about 5 miles from my house.

Virtuous said:
damn deathweed, you get alot of milage out of the pic dont you? :)

Just looking at it makes me tingly all over, so I just have to show it off as much as I can:D I have already blasted through a sack and a half so my closet doesn't look as full anymore.....:(

I can get 50 lbs of two row from my LHBS for $35. Ofcourse I have to drive there and wait for them to mill it.

Action said:
Just wondering where everyone is buying there grain? Shipping seems to be a deal killer. I just ordered a Monster mill so I want to buy grain by the sack.
Thanks for any help.
Jack

Go to www.google/maps and enter this in the search: Valley Springs, Ca brewing supply. You would have to check these out. I buy from Morebeer in Riverside, CA but to order online use the Concord location. Shipping is a bear but sometimes it is necessary.

MoreBeer
975 Detroit Ave. Unit D
Concord, CA 94518
[email protected]

Back