Polishing Keg-Cant find any Gator polishing pads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParanoidAndroid

Reaction score
I found a rim guy to do mine $20 a keg and no cancer. I tried one. That stuff gets every where.

Cancer from all the polishing pad dust/compound.

I used scotchbrite pads. Grey ultra fine from my old job.

Yea, I'd recommend an N95 mask (or cartridge filter if you have it) for ANY type of sanding/polishing. There's all kinds of harmful stuff in almost anything. For example any type of treated wood before 2003, or around there, is treated with arsenic. So if you have a 10+ year old deck that needs sanding and refinishing, then you are setting yourself up to inhale a good amount of Arsenic. Its treated with copper now.

The mask captures the particulate. Use a fan to move anything that's vaporous away from you as that will go through the N95.

Yea, I'd recommend an N95 mask (or cartridge filter if you have it) for ANY type of sanding/polishing. There's all kinds of harmful stuff in almost anything. For example any type of treated wood before 2003, or around there, is treated with arsenic. So if you have a 10+ year old deck that needs sanding and refinishing, then you are setting yourself up to inhale a good amount of Arsenic. Its treated with copper now.

The mask captures the particulate. Use a fan to move anything that's vaporous away from you as that will go through the N95.

Good call. I always use a N95. Probably should have used a cartridge but I didn't.

Back