• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kegs for sale!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mux

Reaction score
I have 2 15.5 gallon stainless steel kegs with the tops cut out, they both have a hole punched for 1" electric element and 2 holes punched for 1/2 bulkheads. All holes are punched as close to the bottom as possible. 1 keg is rubber coated one is not. I started to solder a 1" nut on the bare keg and decided to go another route.

40$ each.

beer phone 470.jpg

beer phone 471.jpg

beer phone 473.jpg

beer phone 474.jpg

beer phone 475.jpg

My fear of electricity is keeping me away from building an electric kettle, but damn that's tempting.

My fear of electricity is keeping me away from building an electric kettle, but damn that's tempting.

if you are considering electric. get a welding stub from bobbym for the element. so much easier to solder than a nut.

adivito said:
if you are considering electric. get a welding stub from bobbym for the element. so much easier to solder than a nut.

Yeah I saw those. They would work well with these kegs as the holes are punched to accommodate a soldered fitting.

I will take the bare keg and probably the coated one. Pm me with your info. I'm located in Gurnee.

Hey Mux-

I woke up this morning and realized it might not come together for me. It might be a few weeks for before I can meet up. Please go ahead and unload them.

Thanks for the effort.

mojo:mug:

Back