70's vintage indoor hot tub... questions!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergears

Reaction score
CFO and I bought this house recently, and in a corner of the basement is this 70's vintage hot tub, which we don't need or want.

As we need to get rid of it, I just wonder if there are any interesting parts or components to salvage (unless we find a buyer for the whole)?

There seem to be a lot of hardware underneath... and am trying to yahoo more info.

There is probably a good sized pump that can handle some heat. Maybe not for your wort as it is probably not food grade. But, depending on your system, you might use it to circulating heated or cooled water.

Maybe a thermostat and heater as well.

Sounds like the beginnings of a RIMS. (or is it HERMS?)

Well, property has also a fish pond... so, yes, the pump could be put to good use there.

The hot tub must have seen some action, and there was a definite drinking an' partyin feel to the place.. with a bar next to tub. Theme was more like Margaritaville -leading to eventual forclosure... *-(
I had to tear down a bunch of weird sh&t off, like dusty fishnets as wahtnot on ceiling.

A hottub pump is in the 1-2 hp range. Can't imagine any homebrewer, except Brewpastor, needing something that powerful. The thermostat is only good to 110F, so it's useless as a HLT.

Back