What do you miss?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured me and my brother were the only 2 people in the world who had even heard of The Adventures Of The Wilderness Family. I think we had it on the very 1st VHS tape we ever recorded on to. Star Wars and The Toy were the other movies on that tape if i remember correctly. Probably taped it on Prism. I may be the only one who remembers Prism. It was a Phila area cable movie channel in the 80's. Anyway, it's been probably almost 30 years since i've seen the movie, but next time i'm in montana or you're in the phila area let's get hammered and watch it!

Deal! :mug:

80 Olds Cutlass Coupe. 350/350 but always wanted to swap out the damn 2:56 rear end. Thing had very little nut until you got up to about 70. Had a chance to put a 455 in it and passed. Missed that opp. It was the first car I paid anything for and got me through the last two years of high school (and into several tickets for various tom foolery). Had no trunk key but the cops didn't know I used a screwdriver, so when the trunk was full of beer one night and my keys were locked in the car (purposely) they couldn't jimmy it...we got to "go home"...drove down the road a few miles then right back to the spot, hand me a screwdriver, kicked-in the back seat and off we went. Oh, I remember $0.89 gas in Missouri (lived in SE Iowa, we'd cross border for cheap gas at times), but ours was closer to a buck, as were smokes back then. I've since quit.

I'll think of more stuff, I'm sure.

I had an 70 Delta 88 with a 455. The thing weighed like 2 tons. It needed the 455 just to get around. But, I could fit 8 people, comfortably, in that car.

I dont miss it. But I do miss the 4 door 70, maybe 72 Chrysler newport custom with a 455. That car was even bigger, but it did roll! And solid suspension.

Being a rookie firefighter when everything was new and exciting. Now that I'm an chauffeur I'm both a mother and father figure to five firefighters A.K.A man-childs

What do I miss? Being younger & not having all these bad joints & back pain. not to mention I now wear trifocals. Bloody 'ell!

What do I miss? Being younger & not having all these bad joints & back pain. not to mention I now wear trifocals. Bloody 'ell!

Bifocals, hearing aids, cane and 5 spine surgeries. I sure do miss the 'indestructability' of my youth!

I am only 25 and wish I could go back to the days of not having bad joints (knee)[/QUOTE]

+1 and not having responsibilities

You are either:
Old
Not from California
Both of the above

I do rememeber an dmiss $1.35 gas though

I can remember complaining about paying 52 cents per gallon; but then a brand new Mercury Marquis cost under $6000. Damn, now that I've said that, I feel old.
:fro:

I miss the eighties. I had so much fun back in the day..Lots of partying, sex and too many crazy times..Don't get me wrong, I love my life now. I have an amazing wife and kids, I make a very very good living, but damn. If I had a billion dollars tomorrow, I wouldn't have the fun I had when I was in my late teens and early twenties...I can't believe I'm alive and/or not in jail. I guess my mother prayed a lot...Thanks mom!!!!

I workout with a guy in his 70's and he's worth tens of millions of dollars. He has said that he would give up his money to be my age. I'm 44. I guess everybody misses being young.

He's in amazing shape btw...

I can't believe no one has fessed up to missing being able to see his toes.

I was getting closer, but turned it around.

I started running after I went to my first homebrew club meeting. Less beer gut and time to listen to interviews with great brewers is a pretty good combo.

Once upon a time I had a super thick head of beautiful hair. In the early 90s I even grew it long - almost down to my shoulders. Sigh. Curse my genes.

Sounds like me jon. In the mid to late 70's I had long curly wavey strawberry blond hair & a 27" waist. Now sandy gray & a whole lot shorter. And forget the waistline...

When I think about my hair, I have to say I lucked out for the most part. I held on longer than I should have (never did the combover though) and finally I mournfully shaved it all off coming just short of using a razor and going Mr. Clean.

Came home from the barber feeling sad, got through the door, and the wife attacked me carnally. Dont miss the hair much anymore. Headfunk is another story, and another thread.

I do miss my grandmother's cooking. RIP Grandma.

Back