Polishing my kegs..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellzey

Reaction score
Man' this is a lot of work, but coming out great. Still have to do the #5 polish.

One down, two to go...

I guess I'll drill holes for all of the elements, ball valves, etc. on the next one BEFORE polishing. I'd hate to do all that polishing and then mess up the holes.

223684_2317554623340_1383737011_2709256_4555061_n.jpg

Looking good!

I wish I had time enough to do this kind of thing. Too many other brewing-related and elsewise hobbies going on at this time.

I am going to polish my serving kegs some though. I think it makes a better impression for the people who might drink about of them if they don't look all scrungy.

My process is to drop them off at the metal polisher and pay them 40 dollars each, better than spending the time on them myself.

I polished one, and that was enough for me, lots of time with flap wheels of progressivly finer grits, then several grits of polishing compound. I even have a polisher that I used to use to polish motorcycle frames, does a great job, but getting a good finish on stainless is a bit more difficult than aluminum.

Kudos to you! that keg really shines!!!

Latest posts

Back