Definitely a monday...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReefkprZ

Reaction score
yup. off to a fabulous start. its about negative twelve out so the Wife's car wouldn't start even with a drop light under the hood to keep it warm all night.

so I go out and jumps start it my truck wouldn't start. break out the battery charger.

A little while later with both vehicles now running the wife leaves for work...

she comes back in 1 minute after leaving.

"honey I just hit your truck. Its fine, there is a big dent in it but its fine."

THERE IS A BIG DENT IN IT!!! how on earth is that fine? :mad:

Yup definitely a Monday.

My sister calls last night an says her van wont' start. She drained the battery trying to start it. She's at church and won't be home until after the evening service.

So I go over there right after the Packers game and can't find an outlet near the van. Finally modify a household extension cord to accept the grounded plug on the extension cord that I brought and run it out to the van. Go into the van and pop the hood. But the hood won't pop. The release pulls out just fine, but apparently you need someone either lifting up on the hood or pushing down on the hood while pulling it out. And they are all at church...

Seems like you could skip ONE evening service to help you the person who is trying to make sure your kids get to school and you get to work the next day!

So I call and tell her that I can't open her hood and she can do it when she gets home. POS Chevy...

Ouch... Did you call the insurance company? I've always wondered how they handle that.

Ouch... Did you call the insurance company? I've always wondered how they handle that.

I own my truck outright. I only have liability on my truck there is really no point in calling the insurance company. They wouldn't do anything because my insurance doesn't cover it. Except maybe raise my wife's rates....

I'm really more bummed than anything else because this is the first vehicle, that I have ever owned, that didn't look effed up on the outside in some way.

That's crappy, my car started ok this morning, it definitely didn't want to, but it started. I'm not sure what the temperature was here, but being relatively next door to you, I'm sure it was around the same temperature.
I ended up scratching the passenger side door of my car with a snow shovel the other day after the big snow storm. That wasn't very amusing.
Then I had to go to work and slave underneath cold, dripping, wet vehicles all day.

Thats still better than mine...I go out to go to work, let my truck warm up....and then back int o the front of my son's 67 Mustang......

Needs a new hood, drivers fender, headlight buckets, bumper...

oh, and a new paint job.....:(

on top of that, my daughter came home from school with strep I think....

Thats still better than mine...I go out to go to work, let my truck warm up....and then back int o the front of my son's 67 Mustang......

Needs a new hood, drivers fender, headlight buckets, bumper...

oh, and a new paint job.....:(

on top of that, my daughter came home from school with strep I think....

What a dick! (not your daughter...)

now that's not nice....

seriously though, it did ruin my whole day just about....we had just painted the car last may.....:(

now that's not nice....

seriously though, it did ruin my whole day just about....we had just painted the car last may.....:(

I know you feel bad about it. It sucks though. FIL just got done painting his 67 Cougar, and I'm still working on my 69 Mustang.
This reminds me to purchase EXTRA gallon of paint to keep on hand just in case I get a fender or quarter panel wiped out!

fortunately the dent didn't crease so I am going to either wait for warmer weather and "pop" it, hopefully not chipping the paint. if I chip the paint I'll have to go from there.

sucks about the mustang. a far worse scenario than my dent.

Back