Did I kill my hops? (Cascade)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamarkid7

Reaction score
I was wondering about why I have not seen any of my hops come up yet. I planted them about 2.5 weeks ago and they get plenty of water and sun. The only thing I can think of is that I buried them too deep. Are they dead? Or should I wait and see what they do.

I tried to fine one to see what it was doing but I could not find it. It either vanished or I'm not looking in the correct spot. I'm just going to water them and prey.

lamarkid, i'll pray for you if you pray for me!!. My cascades were coming up really well in a planter box that i kept outside and brought in during the evenings, in spring. Just before i was going to plant then all the shoots died off (3-6 inches at that time). i then planted a week later but havent seen anything come up yet.

I talked to an expert and they said I planted them to deep and I need to buy new ones and plant them. I'm going to get them this weekend.

Patience at this point.

Digging could kill bines that haven't reached the surface yet.

How deep did you plant?

Back