Bottles vs Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolleyphoto

Reaction score
I have brewed four batches of beer and plan on bottling all four batches. I would appreciate any input on bottles vs kegs. I am thinking of making my next investments in a keg.

De`ja`-Brew
We have all been beer before.

It is way faster and easier to keg a batch than it is to bottle. You also have a lot more control over carbonation. The downsides of kegs are the large initial investment, poor transportability, not the greatest for aging (especially if you don't want to age the whole batch), and generally require a dedicated fridge to keep cool.

Hope this helps, good luck

I have just finished a lager which was out in my garage the past couple weeks here in SK, Canada, staying at a nice (though not constant) 4-14 degree Celsius range. I'm hoping to make it my first keg batch as I have CO2 tank and two corny kegs. Looking forward to not cleaning bottles (!!!) soon. So at this stage, other than cleaning and sanitizing and getting a tap, I'm ready to go before temperatures creep up with spring here now. Next up: buy a new fridge for my kitchen and the old one goes in said garage for keg-land!!!

p.s. Parker---very curious about your Banana Stout! Keep me posted!

-Jeff

Back