Danger of online ordering- quick question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkdog

Reaction score
I ordered the ingredients for a batch of Jamil's Scottish 70/- last week, and just noticed that I didn't receive the 4 oz. of Crystal 120 from Austin Homebrew Supply. So my question: should I contact them and wait to brew ('till next weekend), or should I go ahead and brew the beer, knowing it will be a little less complex without the 120? I'm on the fence on this one.

I would suggest you contact them and let Forrest fix things. He is one of the absolute best merchants out there. He will definately fix whatever is missing with that order.

Forrest will see this post eventually, but a quick phonecall could get things fixed for you very fast.

Yeah, thanks. I was kind of leaning that way, and in listening back over Jamil's podcast on this beer, really want to get it straight.

Forrest and his crew are indeed awesome folks to deal with, and have an incredible selection. I think it's because I like them so much that I was a little hesitant to raise this issue. Anyway, email sent. Thanks!

I wonder if the crystal 120 is mixed in with the other grains? did you specify when ordering that you wanted them seperate or with the whole grain bill? I noticed that little bit while going through their site the other day.

I wonder if the crystal 120 is mixed in with the other grains? did you specify when ordering that you wanted them seperate or with the whole grain bill? I noticed that little bit while going through their site the other day.

I think this was the problem; I forgot to ask that the Crystal 120 be included in my custom recipe, so it was ordered packed separately. It wasn't listed on the grain bag that I received, and wasn't elsewhere in the package, so I imagine it got lost in the shuffle of a rather busy grain bill.

Latest posts

Back