What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put my keezer back together.

I had it taken apart last weekend for a weeding. I used the shanks, faucets, and CO2 setup on a Krute copy. I was out of town all last week, so today is the first chance I've had to throw it back together.

I am back to four beers on tap at the house:

1) Dry Irish Stout
2) Biermuncher's Centennial Blond
3) Chocolate Milk Stout
4) Edwort's Apfelwein

I have back up kegs of the Chocolate milk stout and Apfelwein, but besides that, my pipeline is dry. I need to get to work, soon...

I kegged a strawberry blonde. I brewed a citra IPA that I pitched onto the yeast cake of wlp007 from the blonde, don't worry add the strawberry extract in the keg. I also tapped my first keg, no fridge yet so I threw it on ice just to see how it works. I had put a batch in that I wasn't thrilled with, it was only a 2.5 gallon keg. Worked really well and it was awesome pulling my beer out of a tap. I even filled a growler to take to a party tomorrow.

Ok, catching up from yesterday :

*went to Rogue garage sale, scored 3 cases of beer for hella cheap
*bought CO2 set up to start kegging
*brewed a batch o' beer

It was a good day for beer-kind.

Scaled down an American red ale recipe and placed an order with Midwest for more ingredients.

Was going to brew this weekend, but am waiting for our new digital scale to arrive - should be here in time for next weekend.

Yesterday I brewed up my first annual "Baby Day" Barleywine, and also used the 2nd runnings for my first ever partigyle, named "Daddy's Pale Ale". If you cant tell from those names I'm going to be a father! Wife found out on Mother's day. We plan to let the barleywine only to be drank/brewed around our little ones birthday, which will be in January sometime. Also have a mead going that I plan on bottling for the arrival.

kpr121 said:
Yesterday I brewed up my first annual "Baby Day" Barleywine, and also used the 2nd runnings for my first ever partigyle, named "Daddy's Pale Ale". If you cant tell from those names I'm going to be a father! Wife found out on Mother's day. We plan to let the barleywine only to be drank/brewed around our little ones birthday, which will be in January sometime. Also have a mead going that I plan on bottling for the arrival.

Congrats dude! We're expecting our second in late July. A boy this time. We were thinking of doing a wine for a similar schedule. Never had a mead or barleywine.

Last night I kegged 5 gal of NZHop IPA, today I'll bottle the other five. Tuesday night I'll brew a wheat beer. Wednesday I'll visit my LHBS and purchase ingredients! Good week for beer.

Working on completing my Son of a Fermentation Chiller. Can't wait to get it finished and test it out after a brew session this weekend.

Congrats!

Didn't get to the dunkelweizen yesterday, but just milled the grains and strike water is heating now.

You found out on Mother's Day - that's so great! Congratulations!

Brewing a Hefe today, just about to finish a 90 minute mash. Made the starter on Friday, put it in the fridge last night, good inch of yeast on the bottom of a half gallon glass jug.

Thanks for the congrats everyone! We are really excited (and a little nervous). My wife has been a trooper through it all, its amazing how the motherly instinct has kicked in already. She hasnt had the slightest craving of beer/wine/alcohol, and we both used to have at least one every single night. She also hasnt gotten on me (any more than usual) about brewing or drinking, even though I have consciencely cut back a good bit out of respect for her, and I'm also trying to start being responsible for once in my life lol.

Edit: Oh and to stay on topic.... I pitched my yeast for "Daddy's Pale Ale" this morning, a US-05 slurry from my last blonde ale, and I already needed a blowoff tube. And I still need to keg/bottle a batch of THA clone so I can use the Bells yeast for the "Baby Day Barleywine".

Congrats on your new arrival, kids can be an awesome experience, hehehe...

On Friday I legged about 2 gallons of my lager. Today we finished it. This was my first keg ging experience. I wasn't expecting it to disappear so fast.

Big party yesterday and kicked two kegs. Gotta love those hot summer events... Or do we? Drank all my damn beer! ;)

Temporarily homebrewless so I spent the day cleaning bottles and kegs and just finished kegging my dunkelweizen. My pipeline is in serious need of repair!

Well I'm a day late but yesterday I finally kegged my Saison de pipaix clone clone and it was very interesting. Anyone who knows anything about that beer will tell you the whole kitchen sink goes into this beer- ginger root, sweet orange peel, bitter orange peel, star anise, coriander,black pepper etc.... and I let this one ferment extea long as the yeast wlp565 is known for a long finish but a low final gravity. 2 months later it finished at 1.002 from a original gravity of 1.056, tastes of cherry slightly spicy and a after taste of licorice from the star anise. I put it on Keg and am shooting for 2.8 volumes of carb.

On a seperate note I am the president of the Mohonk Homebrewers association a group of 40 or so members in the hudson valley at the foothills of the Mohonk mountain range. On Saturday we had our first annual brewbbq and showcased a ton a different beers and brought lots of family and friends to expierence the homebrew culture and enjoy the day with us. I couldn;t have been happier with the turn out and how the day went.

Made a 1 gallon cranberry wine and racked a 1 gallon Apfelwein that I plan on corking and storing for a year at least.

I climbed up on my roof, which is a bit steep, to wrap a stainless cable around the chimney, so I could string up my hops. They have more than 20' of line to climb, so I'm happy.

Brewed my first all grain, non-kit BIAB beer. And damn did it feel good. Broke in the brew kettle with the newly installed thermometer and valve, which made using the homemade counter flow chiller almost too easy. With as much fun as I had today, if the centennial blonde turns out even half as good as I am expecting, I'll be a happy man.

Thanks for the congrats everyone! We are really excited (and a little nervous). My wife has been a trooper through it all, its amazing how the motherly instinct has kicked in already. She hasnt had the slightest craving of beer/wine/alcohol, and we both used to have at least one every single night. She also hasnt gotten on me (any more than usual) about brewing or drinking, even though I have consciencely cut back a good bit out of respect for her, and I'm also trying to start being responsible for once in my life lol.

Edit: Oh and to stay on topic.... I pitched my yeast for "Daddy's Pale Ale" this morning, a US-05 slurry from my last blonde ale, and I already needed a blowoff tube. And I still need to keg/bottle a batch of THA clone so I can use the Bells yeast for the "Baby Day Barleywine".

My congratulations to both of you!!! :D

Brewed a Dubbel. Two in a weekend for me, that's a first... think hubby is freaked out by the fact that I have two brews fermenting away in our most-used guest bath downstairs. Am contemplating putting signs on both stating 'leave me the f $%* alone or I won't turn into beer ' signs... would that be wrong? :eek:

Dawnhulio said:
Brewed a Dubbel. Two in a weekend for me, that's a first... think hubby is freaked out by the fact that I have two brews fermenting away in our most-used guest bath downstairs. Am contemplating putting signs on both stating 'leave me the f $%* alone or I won't turn into beer ' signs... would that be wrong? :eek:

IMHO, it would be wrong NOT to put up that sign :)

I double-batched this weekend, only to have the mini-fridge that powers my ferm chamber crap out. So I pulled out the two kegs from my kegerator and put all three fermenters (split the blonde to try a Kolsch yeast vs. Cal Ale V) in there. It works brilliantly!

Started 50 bottles soaking in Oxy this morning at 6am so I can clean and de-label them for a bottling session tonight

Pulled the Dry Hops out of my IPA last night. Today I move the Keg into the fridge (because I somehow FORGOT to do it last night after I took out the dry hops!)

Last night I made Sasparilla soda for my daughter's Open House this weekend. I wonder if I can get my extra corney filled at a brewery before the "After Open House Party"...?

Added some frozen water bottles to the swamp cooler (chocolate-milk stout) before I left for work...!

Dry hopped my American red with .5 oz columbus and checked the gravity. 2.7 Plato down from 14.2. Seems to be still pushing bubbles. Might keg it early to naturally carb.

Yesterday brewed a Belgain strong ale with a few friends while eating BBQ. I knew it will blow thru the airlock so i ghetto-rigged a blow off tube. Which i'll properly have one on the next batch (the tube was not big enough) lol. I can't wait for this to be ready

Swapped out some ice jugs in the swamp cooler, LHBS run to grab ingredients for a dry stout and 60/- to brew this weekend while SWMBO is out of town.

Back