New England Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big thanks to everyone who helped set this group buy pick-up today, especially Frank and Frank. Got my 3 bags nestled safely down in my basement and looking forward to the next big brew day. Please let me know when you're thinking about putting one of these together again.

Also big thanks to Team Frank for the great organization. I'll certainly be on the next round as well!

I live in Auburn, Nh and have a new Monster mill 3 - 2.0 that is dying to crunch through some grain. I have subscribed and will be in on the next group buy.

Subscribed, I would like to be in for the next group buy. I have never done whole grain but have been slowly collecting the needed equipment and I think I'm finally there.

I did a rapid review of this thread and it looks like about 18 people "missed it" or have subscribed for the next one. How many does it take to trigger another buy? 18 x 100# is almost 1 pallet...and I'm seriously thinking more along the lines of 200#.

I did a rapid review of this thread and it looks like about 18 people "missed it" or have subscribed for the next one. How many does it take to trigger another buy? 18 x 100# is almost 1 pallet...and I'm seriously thinking more along the lines of 200#.

I see you are from Falmouth. You may want to check with FEDCO or MOFGA and see if anyone local to you is doing anything in this realm. They seem to be centered around the Waterville area which is a bit away for me. They are growing organic non-GMO's over that way. I have no idea if anyone is malting.

I typically get 3-5 sacks of base malt (so 165-275#) at a time. Depending on how much I have left, and when the next purchase I can get in on will be. I've also been known to split sacks of grain with people. I am down to maybe 1-1/2 sacks of MO and about the same of UK 2-row. While I should be good for several more batches, I'll be getting in on the next group buy (either here of the HBC I join). I want to try out some TF MO next. :rockin:

Brewer in Quincy, MA here looking to be involved with a group buy in the future. Please PM me if you are involved in one. Thanks.

Tim

For those who missed out on this one the CT group buy is going. Pickup is in winsdor ct near hartford. It looks like there is room to fill the 2nd pallet. Probably closing soon.

I'm in for the next round. Thinking a couple bags. Worked out well last time.

Dukeman you got refunded. in fact the thread was closed before I was able to post the final refund to everyone. I had run 3 other grain buys with everyone being very happy and placed the order for the last one that Frank ran.

Donovan, Good to see your in better health.
I was happy with the group grain buy and would like to participate in next.
I don't have access to forklift, though.

Latest posts

Back