MGD 64 is the greatest beer EVAH...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
... according to my SWMBO. Jesus F_cking CHRIST this sh!TT is BAD!!

I'm thinking O'Douls has more flavor than this crap. It's like carbonated water with a couple flakes of beer-like flavor crystals added to each bottle. Also kinda tastes like apple juice.

Went to a function the other night where this was the only thing they had. I drank at least 6 of them and I barely had a buzz. All the girls kept going on about how this was the greatest beer they've ever had.

:eek:

I fully expected it to suck, but it exceeded all of my expectations. I really had to bite my toungue everytime I heard someone go on about how fabulous the stuff was. I didn't want to be "that guy".

For every person who enjoys:

Homemade whole grain bread
Pure maple syrup
Natural varietal honey
Eggs Benedict
Macintosh
Star San
Hand rolled premium cigars
Wine from an exceptional vintage
Perfectly aged single malt scotch
Full flavored, malty, hoppy, unadulterated micro/homebrewed beer

There are likely 10 (or more) who prefer:

Wonder Bread
Table syrup
Honey from "the bear"
Fruity/colored breakfast cereal
Windows
Bleach
Swisher Sweets
Boxed wine
Whisk(e)y from a plastic bottle
BMC

It's perfectly ok to be in either group, but you'll be hard pressed to convert a person from one side to the other.

I hear ya, but the problem is that 64 is a pathetic attempt of beer imitation at even BMC standards.

I know we all rip on the BMC thing around here, but if this forum was called budlightrocksandhomebrewsucks.com we would still be ripping on Miller 64. Its that bad.

Props on adding Mac to your list.

I didn't know what this was so I googled and found this @ beeradvocate
http://beeradvocate.com/news/1268959

I might have to try some because my last social gathering really didn't revitalize me that much.:confused:
I always wonder if these marketing guys actually believe their own bull****?

"MGD 64 is the perfect choice for legal-drinking-age consumers striving to maintain a sense of balance throughout their busy lifestyle. Not only does the fresh, crisp flavor make each social gathering a revitalizing experience, but with only 64 calories, MGD 64 is a guiltless pleasure for moments of relaxation. MGD 64 will be available in multiple bottle and can packages.

"MGD 64 is a sensible choice for consumers working hard to keep up with the pace of their life," said Grant Leech, MGD marketing director. "Whether they are out with a group of friends or taking a break at the end of the day, MGD 64 provides all of the great beer aroma and flavor consumers want but with about 35 percent fewer calories than the typical light beer."

W.O.W. im a fan of miller when im just grabbing a cheap beer at a ballpark or buying a case to hand out to friends at a BBQ... but 64 calorie MGD just sounds like they made it into miller extra-lite and called it MGD 64. IM not sure im even curious enough to see what it tastes like.

Woah woah woah....there is nothing wrong with Swisher Sweets and Boxed Wine.

I'm just sayin'. :)

Isn't all MGD now MGD 64? All that changed is they list the calories now, right? Or did I miss something. I don't mind MGD at all. It's a great swill beer to kick back and drink ten or twenty of. Same with High Life and .. I'll say it .. Miller Lite.

I'm just not a Bud/Busch person. Miller/Molson/Coors are all good in my book.

Now Yuri, about that list....
Wonder Bread
Table syrup
Honey from "the bear"
Fruity/colored breakfast cereal

Windows
Bleach

Swisher Sweets
Boxed wine
Whisk(e)y from a plastic bottle

BMC
Most of those are my side of the fence. But I grew up po'. We like to stick to what we know. To this day, one of my favorite mixed drinks is Kessler whiskey and Dr. Pepper. Then again, one of my other favorite mixed drinks is a 50/50 Ketel One and o.j. screwdriver.

Or Windows for that matter.

Uh. I'll keep my opinions to myself, and just let Vista's track record speak for itself.

Older versions of Windows, though, then OK you have a valid point. :)

Signed,
A tech who learned Mac just to get out of fixing Vista's issues.

Hell I have used Vista from almost day one (64 bit ultimate) and have had next to no problems. My only gripe is it is a ram monster. I use it for 3d imaging and games.

Its a little surprising that Macs were listed with the finer things and Windows was with the other. I would think homebrewers would shun macs. Aren't they like the BMC's of computers? Easy to use and simplified so they can appeal to the non enthusiast, while windows is the more complicated complex system that offers more choices? But like a homebrew it doesn't always work right.

Hell I have used Vista from almost day one (64 bit ultimate) and have had next to no problems.
I haven't had any problems with Vista...other than the rest of the world wasn't ready. I will say I was a little let down due to the fact that it took SO LONG to release, I was expecting Fantazmo! Now if we want to talk about a piece of junk....let's speak of Server 2008!

I'm ready to buy a mac just like Chriso

SWMBO has a thing about "real syrup".....I tried it.....it sucked :D

Ok ok ok ok we were eating frozen waffels!?! If they were homemade pancakes or waffles or something then I see the point but if its previously frozen, please please give me the cheapest "syrup" there is

I like "table syrup" because my favorite breakfast.... is pancakes, hash browns, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs.... all mish-mashed into a big pile, covered the whole lot of it in syrup.

That's a waste of good maple, on that many things at once.

Woah woah woah....there is nothing wrong with Swisher Sweets and Boxed Wine.

I'm just sayin'. :)

+1
I usually prefer the higher class dutch masters when I smoke my premium grade D machine rolled cigars.
lol theres definately nothing wrong with them, but they are in no way the best/top quality.

I think windows and mac os are in the same wonder bread group, linux would be the in the homebrew group right?

THIS Thread HAS THE MOST TANGENTS EVER.

If I had to choose anything on the list or good beer, I would choose good beer. So would most of us, so the comparison isn't exactly fair. I don't feel passionate about my computer, whatever it's flavor.;)

The windows jab, I'm going to assume, wasn't aimed at the blessed few with the tech-savvy to make vista sing like a nightingale. It was aimed at the masses who use it (and IE and Word) because it's what done came on their Dell. Windows is generally BMC, but in the right hands it might maybe be a perfect Czech Pils or a Munich Helles (although I've never seen it not sucking). Mac is maybe the Guinness or the Hoegaarden - mass-market but actually decently well done and with a bit of interest in it (and in the right hands it can be good as all anything). Homebrew is definitely linux.

Mac is maybe the Guinness or the Hoegaarden - mass-market but actually decently well done and with a bit of interest in it (and in the right hands it can be good as all anything). Homebrew is definitely linux.

Can Ubuntu be a nice Saison DuPont or a Chimay? Where does PalmOS fit in, is that Victoria Bitter? :p

Back