Can I store finished beer where I ferment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhobs126

Reaction score
I got a large chest freezer and a Johnson control for Christmas. It has been working well thus far. My question is once I have finished and kegged a beer is it safe to store in the freezer where my temp is constantly fluctuating for fermentation, D rests , and lagering? I have all that extra room and was wondering if it would hurt it? It would b nice to consolidate and store beer closer to serving temp.

I keep my full kegs anywhere I have room. Don't really worry about spoilage, good beer does not last long in my house.... The colder, the better. When the keg fridge is full I sometimes keep full kegs outside in the winter time, where it is about serving temperature anyway. Then I can just pop an already cold and carbonated keg in the fridge when one gets emptied, new keg pours perfect.

I guess I need to explain further . I live in N Florida where it is a freezing 78F today. My wife does not want any more kegs stored in closets in the house and I brew with a friend and am usually storing 5-6 kegs around at once. That's not to include the 3 in my kegerator on tap . They really need to go in the chest freezer if they can. Or, am I going to have to by another refrigeration device.

I guess I need to explain further . I live in N Florida where it is a freezing 78F today. My wife does not want any more kegs stored in closets in the house and I brew with a friend and am usually storing 5-6 kegs around at once. That's not to include the 3 in my kegerator on tap . They really need to go in the chest freezer if they can. Or, am I going to have to by another refrigeration device.

OMG, you think 78F is freezing, move to Michigan :D

Back