Finally picked up a mash tun + all-grain kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamjackson

Reaction score
I felt like BIAB was too much work. It's personal preference, right?

So today I picked up a 10 gallon mash tun and some kits. Anyone have any experience with these kits and have some opinions on them?

Oh..this is from Midwest supplies.

Screen%20Shot%202012-11-09%20at%2011.59.16%20AM.png

Why are you messing around with kits when there is such a great recipe database on this site? You will most likely save at least 25% by buying grain/hop/yeast ingredients instead of prepackaged ingredients that come in a kit. In addition, read through the recipe database threads and see what folks do to the recipes and what the outcomes are. It's a great way to learn.

Kits are convenient to order. I personally do not like the way Midwest has its ordering setup for buying grains.I have had good results with every kit from them and would like to try the trappist

Why are you messing around with kits when there is such a great recipe database on this site? You will most likely save at least 25% by buying grain/hop/yeast ingredients instead of prepackaged ingredients that come in a kit. In addition, read through the recipe database threads and see what folks do to the recipes and what the outcomes are. It's a great way to learn.

Because I'm lazy. I built out some recipes from this site and ordered everything separately and it took an hour or so of work. I haven't even been doing this for a year yet so these kits are easy.

Kits are convenient to order. I personally do not like the way Midwest has its ordering setup for buying grains.I have had good results with every kit from them and would like to try the trappist

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back