where to go in Kennesaw GA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ContinuousD

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Kennesaw GA for a week and am looking for suggestions of where to go for a local and unique brew. I'll be working most of the time and have to limit my time and quantity of brews so I can't travel far.

Atlanta is 45 minutes away and I hope to head that way as least once.

If you have some ideas let me know.

If you are looking for a place to purchase beer then Total wine and spirits on Barrett Pkwy has a huge selection of craft beers and is in Kennasaw.

In Atlanta on the north side is hop city. Again amazing selection plus 60 beers on tap to fill your growlers. $4.99 to purchase the empty 1/2 gal. Bottle. Visit there web page at hop city .com

Jimmyjoe - I appreciate the suggestion of Total Wine. I'm looking more for something unique to the area such as a small brewpub that I can't get in the stores.
About the growlers – You can get growler fills from taps other than the brewery you are at? I'm so jealous. I live in So Cal, craft brew heaven where there are tons of killer breweries e.g. The lost Abbey, Iron Fist, Stone, Green Flash and so on but each will only fill their growlers. The tap rooms here can't fill growlers unless it was brewed on site. California may be a liberal state but we are backwards on things like this.

I may have to check out Hop City just to get a growler of something new.

Brewmaster's Warehouse in probably one of the top 5 homebrew shops in the country. It's in Marietta, which is about 8-10 miles south of Kennesaw straight down I-75.

2145 Roswell Road #320 Marietta, GA 30062
(770) 973-0072

Head over to Marietta. Go to Dave Poe's on Whitlock for good 'que then wander to the shopping center right next to it and visit Moondog Growlers for some brew. Follow Whitlock east. It turns into Roswell Road. Drop by Brewmaster's Warehouse like the post abov states.

When will you be in town. BUrnt hickory brewing is about 10 minutes from there and they have tasting day once a month. I also recommend 5 seasons brewing. They have 3 locations around atlanta. They are brew pubs. There is also a a Taco Mac in kennesaw that has around 300 kinds of beer with about 70ish on tap.

unfortunately work has taken most of my time. I did look into Burnt Hickory but they don't have a tasting this weekend. I tried Taco Mac last night but it was packed. I'm going to head there for lunch and try again.

I did hit Total Wine and got a good local sampling from Sweetwater, Red Brick, and Wild Heaven. So far all were great.

Thanks for the advice

unfortunately work has taken most of my time. I did look into Burnt Hickory but they don't have a tasting this weekend. I tried Taco Mac last night but it was packed. I'm going to head there for lunch and try again.

I did hit Total Wine and got a good local sampling from Sweetwater, Red Brick, and Wild Heaven. So far all were great.

Thanks for the advice

Did you make it to Taco MAc? It always take me like 10 minutes to decide which beer to drink whe I get there.

Back