Igloo 10gal vs. HomeD/Rubbermaid MLT?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kugster

Well-Known, Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my question...For the price of the Igloo 10g cooler ($70) vs. the Rubbermaid cooler for about $40...which one do you think is better at holding temps ? I have a 5gal Igloo that does not budge on temp for 60mins. I love it but wanting more space for bigger beers now. These are the round types by the way.

The Rubbermaid seems to have thinner walls and the lid doesn't seem very insulated either.

Any opinions are helpful...

Rock On! :rockin:

Koogz

I've been using the rubbermaid for a while now. Suits me fine. I might lose a degree or two over the life of the mash, but nothing to be concerned about.

I used the rubbermaid too for years. Never could find the Igloo around these parts. No issues and it served me well. It does loose some heat in the winter...but if your in AZ, shouldn't be a problem.

I used the rubbermaid too for years. Never could find the Igloo around these parts. No issues and it served me well. It does loose some heat in the winter...but if your in AZ, shouldn't be a problem.

I would have to order online to get the "original"...and it still gets cold here in the winter...ya know...down into the 40's sometimes, like this past winter, it got down into the 30's...maybe high 20's. We did have some frost.

anyways...I did find an igloo for about $10 more then the rubbermaid...

Back