Need a good fresh-pressed cider source in CT or MA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaginger

Reaction score
OK, it's time to get some good cider. Who has found a good spot that has fresh-pressed cider for a reasonable price in CT or MA? I have called around to a bunch of orchards and none of them press cider, they just sell apples.

I don't care if the cider is pasteurized or not; i just want a good one.

Thanks!

Have you tried the refrigerated organic section of your local market? Ours typically have 2 or 3 local choices (pasteurized and possibly with preservative), with Cider Hollow being my favorite (possibly because its nearby and I've seen them make it).

I am looking for something straight from the press, if possible, and I would like to buy in bulk (15-20 gallons) rather than prepacked. But I can check the market as a last resort I suppose. Thanks for the suggestion.

I just bought 5 gallons of unpasteurized cider at Derby Orchard in Stow. It was already prepackaged and $4.25 a gallon. Honeypot Hill was $4.75/gallon. They might sell in bulk if you call.

I came across a bunch of places that pressed cider. I have my first batch ever fermenting now. Phil's Apples in Harvard, Russell Farms in Ipswich, Cider Hill in Amesbury and a few places in Western Mass that were too far for me to drive.

http://www.russellorchardsma.com/

They are in Ipswich. I'm heading up there today after the Topsfield fair to get 5 gallons. When I was there earlier in the season I think they were ~$4.50/gal.

What kinds of recipes are you guys using with these? It will be my first foray into cider.

Wow, great list of sources here, thanks! I am also going to try Applebrook Farms this weekend, and hit some of the others over the next month.

C4PNJ4ZZ, i am making mostly graff with mine, though I did reserve 2 gallons and I am just throwing safale-04 (nothing else) in half of it. In the other half, I am adding absolutely nothing in order to see what the natural yeasts can do.

Back