Anyone used this before???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed today and this stuff smells and tastes really good. Like in between dark chocolate and milk chocolate. It had a creamy, smooth, slightly roasty, rich flavor with a hot chocolate like aroma and minimal to no bitterness. So far based on today, Id definitely recommend this stuff to people looking for a way to add that nice chocolate kick in a stout. Will post back with how well it imparts flavor after fermentation is done.

I like Austin Home Brew Supplies and that brew sounds intriguing. Please post your results with syrup. I may try it.
Thanks

NRS

I wouldn't. I don't feel like the dark chocolate bitterness it imparts would be a good fit. Your probably better off just using regular candi sugar. Just my opinion though.

Hello, I just saw this thread, I order from AHS often, I clicked on your link for the syrup and the item isn't found, I also used there search box and typed in several searches including cocoa nibs candi syrup and nothing, I don't think they sell it anymore, bummer cuz I would like to try it.

Cheers :)

Check the sugars section, liquid I believe, and see if its there. If not I guess they don't sell it anymore. If it helps its made by Cascade Beer Candi Company.

You can get several flavors from morebeer and direct from cascade. I just ordered the cherry and the cocoa nib.

You can order these direct from Cascade Beer Candi Company, they have great customer service. I ordered one jar and he threw in 3 other flavors complimentary for me to try.

Back