Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used mahogany on mine.
63C3A682-DA1D-4D6C-8D71-4569AF44C5A7-8141-0000050AB15565DD_zps2b6fb018.jpg

It has darkened up considerably since July. I cannot wait to see that cherry in a year!

wubears71 said:
I started with 4 taps and added 2 more last week. It's never enough?

Did you start with 8/4 cherry or is that 2' 4/4 board to get the thickness?

Two boards, with a thin sheet of insulating paper between them, then heavy lacquer. Next I'm gonna line with that Insulating foam that has the foil on the outside, I'm going to bolt the manifold and the rest of the stuff to the collar but pinching the foil insulation in between it.. I see some guys doing it the other way around. Mountings everything to the wood collar and then put insulation on but have to cut around the some of the things connected to the collar? Not good insulating....
(Did that make sense?)

Two boards, with a thin sheet of insulating paper between them, then heavy lacquer. Next I'm gonna line with that Insulating foam that has the foil on the outside, I'm going to bolt the manifold and the rest of the stuff to the collar but pinching the foil insulation in between it.. I see some guys doing it the other way around. Mountings everything to the wood collar and then put insulation on but have to cut around the some of the things connected to the collar? Not good insulating....
(Did that make sense?)

I used 4/4 mahogany (3/4" thickness planed) and then insulated with 2" of foam board. To make it look nice inside I used a lot of HVAC foil tape to give it a finished look.

Solid wood like cherry has an R-value of about 1.5 to 1.6 per inch. You will probably have an r-value of around r8 with the insulation. It's not great but its not terrible.

wubears71 said:
I used 4/4 mahogany (3/4" thickness planed) and then insulated with 2" of foam board. To make it look nice inside I used a lot of HVAC foil tape to give it a finished look.

Solid wood like cherry has an R-value of about 1.5 to 1.6 per inch. You will probably have an r-value of around r8 with the insulation. It's not great but its not terrible.

First, what is HVAC
2nd what is R-value And not great but not terrible doesn't work for me... Lol, Anything I can do to insulate it better?

I made mine out of a bottom freezer fridge that I got off craigslist. It only holds 2 kegs because I kept half the shelves in to hold bottles and, at times, food. My wife wasn't going to allow me to take out all of the shelves...

I originally was only able to use the thin plastic tap handles, but I bumped out the faucets using 1/4" walnut, so now I can use thicker tap handles.

kegerator.jpg

kegerator2.jpg

kegerator3.jpg

First, what is HVAC
2nd what is R-value And not great but not terrible doesn't work for me... Lol, Anything I can do to insulate it better?

HVAC - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning.

R-value - To put it in simplified terms, it refers to the efficiency of insulation - the higher the R-Value, the better the insulation.

Here is the tape i'm talking about:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_237724-5613...=p_product_avg_rating|1&facetInfo=3M|Shurtape

Here is a link to the insulating sheething I used:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_15358-46086...rentURL=?Ns=p_product_avg_rating|1&facetInfo=
842675000530.jpg

Here is what the inside of my Keezer looks like:
798E301E-8448-4D99-ABFC-C6A5DA72CB7B-461-000000449D9BBE70_zpsf63c0958.jpg

I wouldn't do anything yet, unless you have issues maintaining temperature or the compressor cycles too much. Then, you can buy a sheet I linked to above and insulate the inside of the collar.

BadgerBrigade said:
YESSSS!, I am caressing it right now.... Lol
And Thanks bud! I can't wait! I'm just afraid three kegs is not enough now... Hahaha... Just kidding.

I joked with my girlfriend the other day that the more the guys women ***** at them the more taps the guys have on the kegerator (That's how you can tell who has the sweet girlfriends and who has the tougher ones) so they need more brew on hand to alleviate such stresses.... Lol
My girl is a Three Tap woman... :)
Kinda in the middle...

image-691351129.jpg

Then wife is either tough as nails or just loves me above all else

BadgerBrigade said:
YESSSS!, I am caressing it right now.... Lol
And Thanks bud! I can't wait! I'm just afraid three kegs is not enough now... Hahaha... Just kidding.

I joked with my girlfriend the other day that the more the guys women ***** at them the more taps the guys have on the kegerator (That's how you can tell who has the sweet girlfriends and who has the tougher ones) so they need more brew on hand to alleviate such stresses.... Lol
My girl is a Three Tap woman... :)
Kinda in the middle...

View attachment 105006

Then wife is either tough as nails or just loves me above all else

I just got two cobra taps that I got to open the door to access. My wife must worship me.

here is my latest!

my awesome wife let me have my corner in the dining room for my kegerator.

%5BUNSET%5D

i just bottled a few batches of beer, so don't mind the empty beer boxes, just threw them out of the way.

OK
Here's mine:
3ee2bb18-c9f9-4602-97cb-168ef47a3d2c_zps12022f28.jpg

I forget the model, but it's a Beverage-Air something or another. Holds the two sixtels and has room for the 5 lb tank in there as well, but I prefer it outside.

tshinefield said:
Simple black and blue 3 tap system.

Don't you dare call that thing simple buddy! One of the nicest I had seen on this thread! The blue lighting just completely changes everything... Very cool!

Very cool 2Beer! 7 beers on tap.....Im jealous. Mine holds 2 but it gets the job done. Sucks when Im out of my favorites but its my fault and gives me an excuse to brew!

Very cool 2Beer! 7 beers on tap.....Im jealous. Mine holds 2 but it gets the job done. Sucks when Im out of my favorites but its my fault and gives me an excuse to brew!

It's probably overkill but I wanted extra taps for a couple 1/6 ers of microbrews and I wanted a stout tap. So far 5 is the most I've had at once...I set it up where I can serve 7 and have up to 4 carbonating. I started with a 2 kegger that I loved but wanted a lil more variety...now that I have more selection I seem to drink less...here is my first one which is for sale in the classifieds

ForumRunner_20130307_064118.jpg

Just built the drip tray yesterday. Its held on by Velcro for easy cleaning removal. The collar is old cedar boards sanded down and clear coated.

032.jpg

emyers said:
Just built the drip tray yesterday. Its held on by Velcro for easy cleaning removal. The collar is old cedar boards sanded down and clear coated.

Nice, I used a stainless drywall mud tray with magnetic tape.

justkev52 said:
Just added the 4 Perlicks!
Huge difference in the pour and looks.

I wish so bad I went perlicks. I did 4, chrome faucets with shanks that were $25 each (faucet and shank). I also did the handles you make your own label to slip in. Now I see why the faucets are so cheap. If you don't pull a beer from one for a day or two the beer dries in there and they stick bad.., ugh.

I'm beginning to shop for kegerators. I'd like to stay under $500. Any recommendations? Thanks!

awiens said:
I'm beginning to shop for kegerators. I'd like to stay under $500. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Lowe's freezer, $175. Wood collar $25. Temp controller $75. Four taps all in, $150. Drawing a draught, priceless.

Finish this a few days ago. The wood, except for the 2x8 collar and the base for the tile, is from an old church pew we've had for years. Nice solid oak.

trayinstalled_zpsc1a10376.jpg

Perlick 525SS faucets, Tapco reg, lines, etc. bought as a complete setup from Birdman Brewing (one of our HBT vendors - highly recommended).

I wish so bad I went perlicks. I did 4, chrome faucets with shanks that were $25 each (faucet and shank). I also did the handles you make your own label to slip in. Now I see why the faucets are so cheap. If you don't pull a beer from one for a day or two the beer dries in there and they stick bad.., ugh.

Exactly! Me too. I did 2 chrome faucets and they are a pain in the ass if you dont use them daily. Looking to upgrade to Perlicks soon. Do Perlicks fit the shanks that come with the chrome faucets?

Back