My Dopplebock is finally a year old!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoolyBooger

Reaction score
And my oh my is it tasty! This is the first beer I ever brewed, an extract kit with specialty grains. I did a few extract recipes and they all (including this one) had that indescribable extract twang that everyone talks about. But I saved a case of it to age for one full year and what a difference a year made! You've heard it before and you'll hear it again... Patience is rewarded. I'm damned proud to serve this and say "Yep, that's my first brew."

My first brew, a "milk" stout (though the kit didn't come with lactose) just hit the one-year mark and now I wish I thought of putting more bottles aside.

Wow, congratulations on the wait. If anything, this hobby teaches you to be patient..or to just brew a ton a beer so that you don't have to be :D

Wow, congratulations on the wait. If anything, this hobby teaches you to be patient..or to just brew a ton a beer so that you don't have to be :D

Truer words have never been said. I have the patience of a 2 yr old. And could never wait a year. Hats off to you.

I saw a post from a while back about a club for n. ark. did it ever happen?
I live in harrison

A friend found 2 bottles of a coffee stout I made w/Mexican coffee over a year after it was bottled way back in his reffer. Hmmm wonder what else might be hidden back there. LOL He's single so that may explain it. But to the topic, he said they were WAY BETTER than the ones he opened a few months after brewing.

A friend found 2 bottles of a coffee stout I made w/Mexican coffee over a year after it was bottled way back in his reffer. Hmmm wonder what else might be hidden back there. LOL He's single so that may explain it. But to the topic, he said they were WAY BETTER than the ones he opened a few months after brewing.

I had a similar experience. I found a pale ale way in the back of my gf's father's fridge that I had given about a year and 8 months prior. I totally sneaked it out of there at night and tried it. It was the clearest beer I had ever made and was pretty much amazing. :rockin:

Back