I've Officially joined the club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sea

Green Flash IPA on tap
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Dropped my first hydremter tonight, I never really liked that thing anyway (read poor efficiency). Lucky I've got another one.

Oh, and to top it off, I think the beer I was kegging might be infected! Oh, well, I'll still drink it as long as it doesn't get any worse.

I'm sure your new hydrometer will improve your efficiency.

Drinking and infected beer isn't all bad. Just a bit more flatulence than normal...but nothing wrong with that. :D

BierMuncher said:
I'm sure your new hydrometer will improve your efficiency.

Drinking and infected beer isn't all bad. Just a bit more flatulence than normal...but nothing wrong with that. :D
Thats a good idea! blame it on the beer instead of the dog....

PseudoChef said:
I've only been brewing for 8 months and I'm on my 4th hydrometer. I'm buying a refractometer before my next batch.

Yeah... you can only break so many hydrometers before you start getting the urge to break something fancier. :rockin: :drunk:

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. I joined the club yesterday, along with having my baster come in two and fall into my beer it was a wonderful afternoon.

Earlier in the brew my o-ring busted in 2 so I had to use teflon tape to keep the seal. This has been one great batch of beer. If I don't have an infection I will be impressed.

At least I'm 1 steep closer to not being a newbie.

Back