What Perlick should I get?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZBrewing

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am building a four tap keezer and I will be doing a tower bought or made I am not sure yet. What Perlick style is best to use? I see the 525, 575, and the Perl flow control. What are you thoughts on these? Thanks :mug:

I have two 575s on my indoor kegorator, but will be switching to the 525s when I build my garage keezer. The 575s are cool, but more problematic and the creamer function on them is not worth the hassle in my opinion. Twice now I've had them get gummed up and stuck slightly open after a guest pushed the handle all the way back. I both cases I lost a gallon or more of beer (not to mention the cleanup)!

Thanks guys it looks like the 525s are the way to go. Has anyone tried the flow control valve that Perlick makes?

Don't bother with the creamer faucet - visitors get confused and push back on the handle and can't stop the flow. Also, I have more problems with too much foam, rather than not enough. Simply unnecessary. I'd do the 525s if I had to do it over again.

Don't bother with the creamer faucet - visitors get confused and push back on the handle and can't stop the flow. Also, I have more problems with too much foam, rather than not enough. Simply unnecessary. I'd do the 525s if I had to do it over again.
Thanks I am definitely leaning towards 525ss.

Call me cheap but I went with 3 525pc and have no issues with them and at 1/2 the cost of the 525ss it left my money for another 10 gallon batch of brew.

Ritebrew.com has 525pc for 18.49 and 525ss for 32.99

Until I got 10 ft length lines I had no use for the creamer function on my Perlicks. Now I occasionally use it on stouts. 10 ft lines are a must, in my opinion.

Wait until the SS flow controls come. Supposed to be later this year. Use picnic taps in the meantime :)

Wait until the SS flow controls come. Supposed to be later this year. Use picnic taps in the meantime :)

I thought they were not going to make it in SS. Very cool if they are. They do have more parts though, I wonder if it is overall worth it or better to just use the 525 ss. :drunk:

I believe Perlick said on their ad in New Brewer that SS would be out later this year. I'll doublecheck on that.

I think flow control is worth it - I have 525SS now with proper length line and I still have foaming issue on the first pour.

Call me cheap but I went with 3 525pc and have no issues with them and at 1/2 the cost of the 525ss it left my money for another 10 gallon batch of brew.

Ritebrew.com has 525pc for 18.49 and 525ss for 32.99

I did the same thing. I just don't see how the chrome plating would be a problem with regular household use?

Chrome plating has a tendency to break down over time where there is liquid contact. That is where SS is superior. I'd rather buy a faucet once and have it last than save money now to spend more money later.

Chrome plating has a tendency to break down over time where there is liquid contact. That is where SS is superior. I'd rather buy a faucet once and have it last than save money now to spend more money later.

I'll let you know if mine wear out...;)

Back