The new Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6240

Reaction score
There shall be beer! right after the other two couplers arrive

kegerator%201.JPG

kegerator%202.JPG

kegerator%203.JPG

kegerator%204.JPG

How did you get the lining out of the inside and off the door? I have a fridge I'm trying to convert and I can't figure that part out.

There are about 800 little screws that hold the door lining and seal onto the door. Removing them is fun!

I left mine in of course due to being worried about the door seal being affected by taking out the plastic molded door insert.

:cross:

Chimone said:
does that say Sprite & Bitter Hefeweisen???

It's a Spritz and Bitte :)

Yes it is the Sanyo

The door panel comes off with screws under the rubber gasket. You'll need to fabricate an inner panel. I used wood laminate flooring for now. Might switch to some lexan that I have here so I can put a poster behind it.

Thanks for the compliments guys!:tank:

HEY!!! Did you put a glass shelf on the back lip for the CO2 tank to sit on????
How in the world did you have enough room????? I got the 4912M and will be doing the exact same thing this weekend. I went to a hobby store and got a
4'X2' piece of foam poster board. A little thicker than the plastic molded piece inside the door, but should work. You are right, 800 screws is close and got to be careful not to rip the corners out as your trying to put those screws in while holding the gasket back. No hard, just tricky. Especially if your 3 year old daughter is trying to "help."

Thanks Jeff. Good talking to you and I appreciate the information. The rest of ya'll with 4912: the glass shelf on the bottom works! Can't believe no one had come up with this first. This, is by far, the cheapest and smallest kegerator way to go! Sanyo will probably raise the price now.

You can leave the door insert in if you put the CO2 tank on the back shelf and fabricate a shelf. I used 1/2 inch plywood and have it contoured where the kegs are for more room.

You can also leave all the shelves in the door if you use the ole reverse the bottom shelf trick. Just take out the bottom shelf and reinsert it the opposite way and secure it with a couple of screws.

You can use the door shelves for hop and yeast storage. I also keep either can beer(for the neighbor) or Dr. Pepper in the can holder.

Good luck!

:mug:

There is no way you can keep the door panels on that refrigerator with two kegs and a CO2 tank. Unless you got a super small, skinny CO2 tank.

Cheesefood said:
How did you get the lining out of the inside and off the door? I have a fridge I'm trying to convert and I can't figure that part out.

I took a few photos of this step with my Sanyo last night and can post soon. What I did was take the inner panel off - the screws are under the rubber seal - and used a dremel tool to cut it where it was nothing more that a frame for the rubber seal. Just note which end is up and that there are two different type screws used in the door...

Back