Dripping Faucet.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novahokie

Reaction score
Just completed my Kegerator but now I have the leaky dripping faucet problem. Some times it leaks, some times it doesn't. But there doesn't seem to be a way to stop the dripping. You can even see the bubbles floating up to the shank. I'm assuming that I have a problem with the faucet, valve not closing properly or something. This is a brand new faucet so is there anything I can do to fix it or should I return and get a new one?

Thanks.

return and get a new one.

Restoring the seals is something you shouldn't have to do if this is new

I too just finished a kegerator. One of my faucets had a small leak. So, I decided to follow Perlick's directions like I should have from the start. Prior to using the faucet, Perlick recommends taking their faucet apart, soaking everything in beer line cleaner, rinsing then putting everything back together.

Much to my surprise, the leaky faucet had a bearing cup installed upside down which, when installed properly, fixed the leak. Consider taking the faucet apart to make sure everything is installed correctly.

Back