Beer Labelizer - Label Generator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid the 5 Bucks and was kinda dispointed in it ,I mean it is a very basic program does not give you alot to chooose
from,needs more fonts and color options plus there is very few to choose from,But I do like it just wish there was more to choose from it.

I paid the 5 Bucks and was kinda dispointed in it ,I mean it is a very basic program does not give you alot to chooose
from,needs more fonts and color options plus there is very few to choose from,But I do like it just wish there was more to choose from it.

Post some suggestions here. The author started the thread, he might be willing to work something in.

$5.00 was worth it for me, for time and (mental) headspace savings alone. I know just enough about Photoshop and its ilk to know how hard it can be to get all the little stuff around label design right.

-Rich

I also do like the it and the $5.00 was worth it for me as well :),He could have more color back ground now you have 3 would be cool to have more then 3 it can be your basic colors ,White,black,gold,amber,ETC....,Plus the option of a full blown image instead of a small pic inside of a label,different fonts
kinda upgrade it ....I would enjoy useing it more :D

Five bucks well spent.

The Germanic font can be really difficult to read. I'm wondering if there might be something similar, but a tad more readable.

I'm going to use pre glued label paper to print mine. Then some craft spray to waterproof them after being printed on my ink jet. It's a photo printer as well,so it should do a good job of printing them. It'll be a couple weeks till I put this to the test though.

I used this when it was all free over a year ago, disappointing to see it's now $5 and there aren't any new labels.

I used this when it was all free over a year ago, disappointing to see it's now $5 and there aren't any new labels.

What you noticed was the free labels. Some are concidered premium labels,& you have to pay the one time fee to download to pic file or printer. I think it's worth it,as I too design my own with the modded paint.net software. It replaces microsoft paint with one that has PS features,& is also free.
It's also manual in the sense that you have to use geometric shapes,etc to design labels from scratch. So this labelizer program is a nice change.
I think it'd be nice to make the fonts interchangeable. Not to mention,replace the caligraphic font with a bit more legible one. C'mon,the "K" is an "f"! A couple more colors,maybe.
But overall,It's a great program & I think the labels look really professional in the traditional sense. :eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::hs:

Hi Andy.

I just discovered your Beer Labelizer web site. Awesome! A buddy has been ribbing me that he won't drink my beer if it's not labeled, so I'll show him! (I suppose that's more beer for me, but I digress.)

I just became a premier member to contribute to your cause. I tried printing a test label on regular paper, and I'm not sure what size/how many per sheet to print. Also, what do you suggest for label stock? I tried to contact you from the site, but apparently my email client is not set up properly, and I don't know your email address. Thanks!

You also need to fix your program to have a password or something. I paid for the premium membership with pay pal 3/6/13. After that day,it doesn't recognize me as a premium member at all,& wants me to pay again.
I sent you an E-mail to fix this. I'm not going to pay every time I want to use it. so fix it somehow so it recognizes us.

unionrdr said:
You also need to fix your program to have a password or something. I paid for the premium membership with pay pal 3/6/13. After that day,it doesn't recognize me as a premium member at all,& wants me to pay again.
I sent you an E-mail to fix this. I'm not going to pay every time I want to use it. so fix it somehow so it recognizes us.

There is an email you get with a link. If you go through that link it will recognize you each time.

^^^This. Andy e-mailed me back about doing just that. Works again,so thanks everyone. Here's my latest label from Labelizer;
drklager_zps893850fa.jpg

The pic is from a series that my middle son took at twighlight. The "delight" came to me from an old sailor's saying pop,as a navy man,told me years ago. "Red in the morning,sailor take warning. Red at night,sailor's delight".

I designed my bottle label, but don't know what sticky label stock to buy. Anyone have an idea? It looks like I should be printing 12 labels per sheet.

I designed my bottle label, but don't know what sticky label stock to buy. Anyone have an idea? It looks like I should be printing 12 labels per sheet.

I tried pre glued/cut labels and, in my opinion, they are not worth it. Print your label on regular printer paper with a laser printer. Cut them out and use either milk (I used 1%) or a glue stick to affix them. As long as you don't get a lot of extra milk all over, there will not be any odor (as some people have complained of).

Pre glued labels are just too expensive and the only benefit to using them is a little saved time. You have to monkey around with setting up the printer to print on the labels correctly, etc.. Just not worth it for me, but to each his own...

I picked up some label paper at the lhbs I'm going to try om my ink jet. Gotta spray it with craft sealer to waterproof them though. This way,I can do 6-8 per page to get the size I want.

came across your site last week before I joined home brew talk. It's a good little site, its great to get ideas of different options. You have something here, with more options I'm sure you can expand on it.

Very cool site, thanks. I just signed up for premium so I could use some of the photo labels. I've only brewed one batch so far but I already have names for my next three beers. :D

Help, great site! I tried to join premium but having trouble getting to PayPal from sign up on your site (my computer is crap). So I went directly to PayPal and sent it to [email protected], I hope that works, thank you!

My computer finally worked to get me to PayPal through the link, thanks, very easy to make great labels!

ok i paid the 5$ a few months back and now its showing up saying i have to pay. any ideas on how to get this back?

its great until you have to pay another 5 .. not sure why???

Look at the email he sent you when you paid the five bucks. It has a link. Or you can read about ten post above and see the same answer. Or you can continue to post blindly and never learn.

ohhhh so sorry but i didnt think you were the thread starter??? ... plus i dont have the email that was sent anymore

Great site bro. I am also from NZ and also a graphic designer. Just wish that I had thought of this first!

good on you though. Keep up the good work.

out of interest, how is your conversion rate working out?

I make sure I have various folders in my e-mail for saving things under the proper heading,like homebrew. I saved the e-mail just in case. I used the link provided to get to the site with the yellow ribbon across the upper right corner with "preminum Member" in it. I then clicked on favorites,then my homebrew folder,& saved the link to that. Now all I do is search for it in my long list of homebrew stuff,& I'm there. Here's my latest one with a PS'd pic I did;
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/lemonweisse_zps84bfb068.jpg.html] [/URL]
* found out the link can't be saved permanently. Every so often,the computer clears it's local storage,& the premium membership link is lost. You have to keep using the link. Print function on site is also foolproof.

Well I sent a message to the"owner" and no response and he hasn't been on this site since October! So make sure you save your email that was sent

Seems to me it took a few days for me to get a response from Andy. I like how his last name is the same as Luke Skywalker's buddy,Biggs! :ban:

ohhhh so sorry but i didnt think you were the thread starter??? ... plus i dont have the email that was sent anymore

The original email is how you get back to the paid side of his site.

Subject: Beer Labelizer Premium Membership

Congratulations on becomming a Beer Labelizer Premium Member.
To access the premium version of Beer Labelizer just click on this link
...link...
Beer Labelizer should remember that you are a premium member on your
computer all by itself, but if it doesn't then just click the link above
again to access your Premium Membership again

Cheers
Andy Biggs
Beer Labelizer

I'm guessing the first time you delete internet cookies and cache, you need the link in the email

I just signed up great site and cheap for what you get! I suck at photoshop/editing plus PS is expensive, thanks again for this option.

Getting ready for football season baby!

BeerLabel_zps607d97d2.jpg

But I don't see Andy doing any more changes soon,BTW I do like the site just
not happy with 3 colors and a single font....

While I agree that the variety isn't super abundant, it works great for me because I only bottle maybe three different batches at a time (if that) and keg the rest.

Back